Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a skilled individual for our Maintenance Electrician position at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Maintenance Electrician installs, maintains, and repairs electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensures that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service equipment or electrical control systems. Performs preventative maintenance duties as assigned by supervisor. Responds to breakdowns in a professional and timely manner. Assists with all aspects of new equipment installation. Evaluates, maintains and modifies all equipment to ensure or improve production efficiency. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submit your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.
- Assist management with scheduling maintenance projects, work with contractors as needed, and maintain accurate and complete departmental records.
- Perform established preventative maintenance programs and routine maintenance.
- Assist with all aspects of new equipment installation.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of systems.
- Install and troubleshoot all systems including single or 3 phase, 120 volts to 480 volts.
- Install conduit and conduit support, pull wires and feeder cables, terminations, and install panels, switchgear and transformers.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings, construction drawings, machine manuals, electrical blueprints/ electrical schematics.
- Ensure equipment adheres to all applicable safety requirements, tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring.
- Prepare requisitions for parts and other equipment
- Assist with the development of preventative maintenance and work order program, and inventory control process
- Maintain and update departmental records.
- Perform fabrication and welding.
- Follow all safety protocols and maintain good housekeeping standards
Nature & Scope:
- Works under minimal supervision
Knowledge & Skills:
- “Advanced” skills in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Technically-oriented ability and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of machine operation and the interaction of electrical/electronic and mechanical components
- Ability to work with electrical circuits including 24 volt controls, 120-240 volt, single and three-phase service
- Must have own maintenance tools, including 480 volt and 3 phase electric voltmeter
- Capable of using programmable logic controllers to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Ability to work with Arc Flash equipment (training may be provided)
- Effectively and safely, operate various maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to interpret electrical blueprints, drawings and schematics
- Basic math analytical skills for handling inventory process
- Must have basic MS Office skills – Outlook, Word and Excel
- Safe work habits, following proper LOTO and other OSHA requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to synthesize complex or diverse information
- Ability to get along well, communicate timely and accurately with co-workers and supervisor
- Must have the ability to read and or understand written and verbal policy, instructions in English
- 2+ years of experience with PLC systems, preferably Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Direct logic
- 4+ years industrial maintenance experience required
- 2+ years of experience with DC drives, servos, solenoids, photo eyes, relays, limit switches and electric motors
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four year skilled Trades Apprenticeship or 8 years documented experience in trade
- Master electrician license preferred, maintenance or journeyman electrcian acceptable, license must be current
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities