Newport Healthcare is a nationwide behavioral healthcare organization dedicated to transforming young lives through evidence-based care. To that end, we have assembled the best teen and young adult mental health treatment staff in the country, and we want you to join us. While our experts guide our clients to sustainable healing, our job is to support our valued staff members, and we do that through offering industry-competitive salaries, career growth and skills expansion, student loan repayment and tuition reimbursement, and a company commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, among other advantages. Be part of a team that's dedicated to providing compassionate care based in authentic connection, mutual respect, and unconditional love—and experience the rewards of making a difference in the lives of young people and their families each and every day.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families.®
The LVN provides on-site nursing and attendant care to adolescents residing in Newport Healthcare facilities. The LVN is expected to perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the mission and core values of Newport Academy and comply with all policies and procedures, OSHA, HIPPA, local, state, and federal, regulations.
Sign-on Bonus $5,000
PM Shift 2:30 pm to 11 pm
- Provide direct care and nursing services to residents as prescribed by program regulations, and/or individual treatment plan, including collecting medical specimens.
- Maintain records, including but not limited to Medication Administration, medical records, medical charts, etc. Participate in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings as needed.
- Preventing client abuse by adhering to all policies and procedures, attending periodic training, reporting suspicious and inappropriate behavior, and following mandatory abuse reporting requirements.
- Monitor chronic health conditions, respiratory distress and seizures.
- Obtain patient data and vital signs and reports findings to the RN/Medical Director.
- Screen residents for medical/dental exams and schedule appropriate medical appointments including dental, vision, & clinical, providing medical information on a need to know basis.
- Comply with all reporting requirements, biohazard program requirements, medical protocols, etc.
- Attendance at meetings per prior arrangement, and participation as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Must hold a current LVN license in the state in which they are seeking work
- Minimum of two years’ nursing experience preferred
Newport Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Newport Healthcare is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, please click here Equal Employment Opportunity Posters