The Logistics Systems and Administration team emphasizes a partnership with internal and external customers to enable operations processes within Cardinal Health Logistics Systems. This position provides support to our medical and pharmaceutical manufacturing, replenishment, and distribution centers by aligning data and technology solutions to optimize the value of the warehouse and transportation processes for the supply chain. The team drives business innovation by leveraging emerging technologies and turning solutions into differentiating business capabilities.
We deliver products and services that create a differentiated experience for customers while relentlessly improving speed, reliability, and cost supporting supply chain optimization. We enable growth through effective and efficient movement of over 40MM shipments for our customers. This includes the flow of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturers, and customers.
What the Logistics Systems Team Contributes to Cardinal Health Logistics
The Logistics Systems Team is responsible for system configuration of freight rates, routing instructions, business rules, parameters, and set up and maintenance of new suppliers, logistics service providers, and customers. These responsibilities contribute to the shipment planning, execution, and visibility of our freight from manufacturing to customer delivery. The team leverages analytics solutions, working closely with the analytics team on continuous improvement to ensure data accuracy and completeness of key data elements that feed the supply chain.
This role will be responsible for supporting the run state of our Logistics systems. The team partners closely with business partners supporting integrations with Cardinal Health enterprise supply chain systems. The position supports the on-going maintenance of solutions through the administration of Standard Operation Procedures and training materials. The position will work with multi-functional teams, including IT support for warehouse and logistics systems, customer service, sales, warehouse personnel, and across logistics teams.
- Maintain logistics systems production environments with high integrity.
- Establish data integrity measurements and execute routine monitoring to expectations.
- Be a subject matter expert in operations that flow through the logistics systems managed and maintained by the team.
- Be cross-trained in systems and processes, representing the team on cross-functional projects as needed.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures, supporting business continuity, to meet internal controls and support SOX procedures.
- Acting liaison with Product Owners and IT to execute release plans and maintain the environments.
- Participate in user acceptance testing.
- Develop training material and coordinate training delivery among a defined group of subject matter experts.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Independently manage tasks and duties.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or Logistics preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience working with supply chain operations and associated technologies: SAP, Oracle, Transportation Management Systems (TMS), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), shipment visibility tools, freight pay systems, EDI and API integrations
- Experience in supply chain, distribution and/or transportation operations
- Understanding of procurement activities for logistics service providers and associated rate structures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel
- Experience in analytics tools, including SQL, At Scale, Tableau, or similar tools
- Ability to work effectively in a business environment characterized by complexity, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Ability to establish clear priorities quickly and work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, collaborative interpersonal skills, and leadership skills
- Ability to articulate messages through strong presentation skills and excellent written communication
- Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve internal and external customer problems to restore/maintain business
- High personal integrity and ethics with uncompromising standards
- Experience working in Agile environment preferred
Anticipated salary range: $61,300 - $87,600
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.