At Community West Bank, we put deposits to work locally, making loans to businesses, families and non-profit organizations. We are the largest publicly traded and only community bank headquartered and serving California’s Central and South Coast area of Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, with full-service branches in Goleta, Oxnard, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, and Ventura. We were named one of the Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and we love working here and think you may too!
At Community West Bank, we put deposits to work locally, making loans to businesses, families and non-profit organizations. We are the largest publicly traded and only community bank headquartered and serving California's Central and South Coast areas of Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, with full-service branches in Goleta, Oxnard, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, and Ventura. We were recently named one of the Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and we love working here and think you may too!
The Loan Servicing Specialist / Sr. Loan Servicing Specialist performs a wide range of standard to complex servicing functions under minimal supervision, including but not limited to assisting with the centralized credit operations function to ensure smooth daily operations and maintenance of Commercial, Manufactured Housing and SBA loan portfolios. This position maintains consistent workflow, handles general to complex client inquiries and engages in problem solving of client issues. Performs a variety of loan servicing and documentation functions. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to staff training, procedure writing, audit preparation, and department projects as needed. This position performs all essential duties in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as Bank policies and procedures.
* Board mortgage loans, core bank loans, manufactured housing loans, and modifications when required
* Process payments on manufactured housing loans, core bank loans and SBA loans
* Process and review core loan documentation as needed
* Prepare loan disbursements for construction loans
* Monitor AG/B&I Loans Quarterly-service fee tracking, and charge offs and recoveries report
* Track and monitor insurance requirements to include force-placed insurance. Call customers regarding coverage prior to force placing insurance
* Read and interpret Daily and Monthly Tickler Reports in processing updates to the Navigator system; preparing correspondence to Borrowers and in documenting the loan file accordingly
* Monitor the receipt of Title Policies, Deeds of Trusts, UCC Filings, UCC Searches, and the receipt of financial reporting requirements when required
* Read and interpret loan documents, borrower’s certifications, loan authorization, loan agreement, credit memorandums, modifications and promissory notes
* Investor/Participation processing, including payments, remittances, reporting, and payoffs
* General Ledger accounting and certifications
* Process title changes for Mobile Home Loans, and tax/insurance impounds and related reporting escrow insurance payments
* Research and analyze problems when a loan becomes out of compliance with approved conditions
* Prepare demand statements and paid off packages
* Monthly FRB Reporting
* Assist borrowers with telephone and written inquiries
* Collateral custody and maintenance
* Prepare client correspondence, including drafting letters, memos, filing, handling correspondence, and creating reports
* Meets response and resolution times as defined in service level agreements and/or service requests, and follows established processes to meet service level commitments
* Cross trains in additional functions of the department
* Completes all required regulatory training as assigned within deadlines established including BSA, Bank Security and any other training as assigned, within required timeframes and on an annual basis
* Other duties and/or projects as assigned by supervisor
Community West Bank is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Keyword: Loan Servicing Specialist, Sr, Loan Servicing Specialist, Credit Operations, Loan Servicing, Loan Operations
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a support department at a financial institution/ 3 years of related experience for the Senior Position
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to disseminate information and guidelines clearly to employees and check for understanding.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively as a team member.
- Ability to effectively comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures in the work environment.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism in handling and having access to sensitive information, and protect and maintain that confidential information.
- Professional in appearance, and in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a wide range of employees and customers.
- Ability to complete tasks within prescribed time frames.
Proficient with: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
From: Community West Bank