Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
*We are offering a $10,000 sign on bonus and relocation for this position.*
We are ready to hire a Linux/Kubernetes Developer for the Navy's AN/BYG-1 Submarine Combat System delivered to the United States Navy (USN) and Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Submarine fleet. Our close-knit team is passionate about delivering the best product to the Navy to help protect our country. Our team works closely with the Submarine community to develop solutions that allow the Navy to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
What you’ll be doing
The Linux developer will develop and test GDMS systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety and other requirements in the total engineering effort. Additional responsibilities include armoring systems for Navy certification and accreditation; working with external vendors and customers; configuring lab environments and specifications.
Strong knowledge and experience we want you to bring to our team:
- Must have solid bash and Python scripting experience
- Extensive Experience with OpenStack, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and other container orchestration/PaaS technologies
- Strong Red Hat Linux Administration background with a working knowledge of systems
- Experience with generating and troubleshooting scripts (i.e. bash, python, perl)
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems
- Experience with Kickstart creation and modification
- Experience with configuring network related hardware
- Must have solid technical communication skills and organizational skills
- Real time containers and orchestration
What will set you apart:
- Certification in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Certification in Kubernetes
- Previous experience with the AN/BYG-1 Combat Control System
- Implementation and troubleshooting experience with various virtualization technologies and tools such as KVM
**Relocation is Available!**Minimum Salary:USD $113,000.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $125,000.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran