Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Put your engineering talent to the ultimate test. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced our teams often redefine what’s possible for the world. If you want to be a leader with the company that delivers smart solutions for our nation’s challenges, this is your opportunity.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As a seasoned Linux/SAN Storage Administrator, you’ll be involved with our client's decision-making process by serving as a front-line interface to users with technical issues and conducting systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies. Your duties may include installing new software, troubleshooting, granting permissions to applications and training users. You’ll also be responsible for the day-to-day support of server services by performing server administration for physical and virtual server operating systems and configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting of physical and virtual hardware and network related interfaces on servers. We’ll rely on you to perform, maintain, troubleshoot and conduct a complete analysis of alerts; create scripts to automate repetitive processes; and work with customers to identify, isolate, and resolve problems with servers that are affecting other services.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an opening for a Linux Administrator/SAN Administrator for a program with providing complete, end-to-end software and systems engineering solutions using modern and emergent technologies for a data warehouse program. Join us to work with a broad suite of modern development tools and technologies to automate and facilitate data analysis used by federal law enforcement agencies.
- The Linux/SAN Administrator manages, architects, and maintains the complex series of computer and network equipment supporting a multi-agency data warehouse program located in Fairfax, VA
- He or she is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of over 150 clustered CentOS Linux servers on both classified and unclassified networks
- His or her team also maintains Windows servers and Windows workstations deployed at the customer site. Our system administration team has full responsibility for these systems, including provisioning, configuring, maintaining (including patching and security scanning), and decommissioning server and workstation hardware used by both the IT staff and end-users at the customer site in Fairfax
- Must have experience working with networked storage technologies (e.g. SANs such as HP 3PAR and Nimble disk arrays) and backup tape libraries
- Must be able to configure and manage high-availability clustering in a CentOS Linux environment
- Must be able to deploy and provision new server hardware as well as plan and execute upgrades to operating systems on deployed servers (e.g. CentOS 6 to CentOS 7)
- Due to the nature of work and the classified systems involved, remote/telework opportunities may be limited at times to meet operational system needs
What you bring to the table:
- He or she will work closely with other members of our system administration team, our development teams, our database administrators, our information security engineer, network engineers, and with senior Government stakeholders on a daily basis. Additionally, our lead system administrator plays a critical role in transitioning existing systems to cloud environment, so experience with cloud technologies (AWS or Azure), containerization, and virtualization is a plus.
- Enhanced troubleshooting skills within the server OS as well as storage technologies
- Hands-on experience developing, deploying and supporting large-scale enterprise server solutions
What sets you apart:
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Broad understanding of the interrelationships within the IT environment with focus on server and services
- Senior level knowledge of physical and virtual server support
- Senior level knowledge of access, permissions and security that gives the clients the access to the data they need to perform their daily activities
#CJ3Minimum Salary:USD $139,600.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $160,000.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran