Brennan’s seeks an experienced and passionate line cook to join our award-winning culinary team. Brennan’s is one of the most celebrated restaurants in the United States – named a Top-5 Finalist for "Outstanding Restaurant" by the James Beard Foundation 2022, a 2022 "Grand Award Winner" by the Wine Spectator, and a 2022 "50 places in America we're most excited about right now" accolade from the New York Times.
Our chefs source and purchase the best local and regional ingredients to prepare and serve menus rooted in Creole tradition with contemporary influences.
You’re a team player who takes pride in serving food with integrity. You exercise both a successful work ethic and agility in a fast-paced kitchen. You want to learn and grow with opportunity for advancement.
Pay and Benefits:
- Flexible Schedule
- Hourly rates from $15/hr to $25/hr, based on experience
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401-K, so you can save for retirement
- Free Mental Health Resources
- Free Shift Meals + employee discount at all Ralph Brennan Restaurants
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- Closed Mardi Gras Day, Christmas Day, & Super Bowl Sunday night (if the Saints play)
About the Job:
Line Cooks are responsible for preparing and finishing all hot and cold foods. You will execute contemporary, seasonal Creole cuisine with enthusiasm, precision and detail. While crafting our staple and seasonal menu items with precision, you will also work alongside our chefs on a number of different formats and events. As our menu grows and evolves, so will your knife and cooking techniques. Tasked with mastering the stations, you will also be accountable for cleanliness as well as food and equipment safety knowledge that meets Brennan’s company standards
Ideal Candidates should:
- Have related experience or a culinary degree
- High volume restaurant experience a plus!
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Be able work well under pressure
- Maintain positive attitude
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Have the ability to read and follow menus and recipes
- Complete basic mathematical calculations
Ralph Brennan’s six high-energy, high-experience restaurants (plus a catering company and a bakery) stand apart for our commitment to inspired, locally-sourced cuisine and gracious hospitality served up in New Orleans’ most revered and iconic dining rooms.