Thrive Restaurant Group is a family-owned restaurant company that’s been in business for over 50 years, and we’re looking for the next member of our family. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of the people we serve and the communities in which we live. If you want to work in a fun family atmosphere and are interested in learning business, leadership, and hospitality, this is the place for you.
In Applebee’s, we’re known as Legacy Apple. Applebee’s has become synonymous with the neighborhood, which inspires us to be a good neighbor in the communities we serve, not just a great place to eat. Whether we’re helping save a high school prom, or raising money for children battling cancer, we’ve given over $5 million to strengthen the lives and relationships in our communities. Our guiding value is “Be a Good Neighbor”.
Title: Line Cook (Kitchen Team Member)
Invitation: To love people by cooking up great tasting and great looking food. You’ll be responsible for your assigned prep work and cook’s station, while you maintain our high standards for product presentation, product quality and cook times. You’ll learn to prepare all menu items according to our recipes, and specifications and as a member of the Kitchen Team you will work-in and be cross-trained in all kitchen department roles.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Prepare menu items according to Applebee’s Recipes, Plate Presentations and specifications (50%*).
- Complete all assigned prep work (15%*).
- Set up workstation according to station diagram (15%*).
- Practice sanitary and safe food handling at all times (10%*).
- Clean and sanitize the work area before, during and after shift (5%*).
- Complete assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects (5%*).
- A positive attitude and desire to learn and grow
- Able to place plates, utensils, pans and cases on high and low shelves.
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment and other food preparation equipment.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Transports cases up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per day.
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
There are physical demands that come with this role. To be successful in this role you’ll be regularly required to 1) navigate throughout the restaurant and communicate with guests, 2) move and grasp items up to five pounds, 3) occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, 4) bend and stoop. You must have adequate vision to be able to discern cleanliness throughout the restaurant and operate a touchscreen. To perform these essential functions, reasonable accommodations may be made if you have disabilities.
Thrive Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tennessee locations use E-Verify per state requirements.