Line Cook Job Description:
Prepare items according to the Manhattan Pizza Company recipes, accommodating the guest’s special requests. The cook controls the pace of the food orders and his/her productivity level sets the ticket flow. The cook should be cross trained on all the kitchen positions, so s/he can cover them when needed or when restaurant traffic is slow.
Responsibilities of a Cook:
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Manhattan Pizza: The mission of every Manhattan Pizza Company restaurant is to offer a high-quality dining experience in a clean and comfortable setting; to provide timely service and value; to build friendly relationships and to fulfill every promise to the guests.
- Perform assigned opening tasks
- Set up and stock station with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g., chopping vegetables or making sauces)
- Fulfill the guests’ expectations by providing quality food on time
- Prepare and cook food items to the Manhattan Pizza Company standard recipes
- Follow operating procedures
- Handle special circumstances
- Track food quality
- Process and manage food tickets
- Notify cashiers of completed orders
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests
- Answer, report and follow restaurant manager’s or owner’s instructions
- Use cost-control measures
- Follow sanitation guidelines
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Perform closing tasks
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Complete daily kitchen chores
- Replenish supplies and report when items are needed for ordering.
- Clean kitchen and take out trash.
- Assist with washing of dishes and deep cleaning as needed.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
Tools & Technology
- Point-of-sale workstations and cash register
- Touch screen monitors
Commercial Equipment Use:
- Blenders, food processors, mixers
- Broilers, convection ovens, deep fryers, food warmers, grills, grills, microwave ovens, pizza ovens, ranges, steamers,
- Boning knives, chef’s knives, paring knives, serrated blade knives
- Food slicers
- Graters, measuring cups, peelers, etc.
- Scales and thermometer
- Mop and bucket
Cook Job Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Safe & Sanitary work practices
- Accuracy to details
- Undeniably punctual to scheduled shifts
- Communicate professionally
- Engaging and friendly personality
- Organized and clean with multi-tasking orientation
- Good math skills
- Handle a knife well
- Read and write English
- Stand for 10-12 hours
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- 6 months previous experience in a full-service restaurant or fast-food kitchen is preferred
- High school diploma preferred, but not required.
The mission of every Manhattan Pizza Company restaurant is to offer a high-quality dining experience in a clean and comfortable setting; to provide timely service and value; to build friendly relationships and to fulfill every promise to the customers. We believe that our employees are our most important resource and our success depends upon creating and retaining a staff capable of delivering an exceptional dining experience to every customer, every time.
Manhattan Pizza’s success depends on our people. Our restaurant can only prosper and provide opportunities for employment and growth when we continually improve ourselves, and the work we do. We recognize however, that success is not measured by sales; guest counts, and numbers alone. We are measured as much by the way in which we achieve our goals, as we are by the actual achievements themselves. We believe that a commitment to uncompromising values and integrity should always guide our decisions and actions as we pursue our goals. We are locally owned and family operated as we thank you for considering to join our Manhattan Pizza Family!