The Line Cook is responsible for prepping ingredients, cooking, and assembling dishes according to recipes, specifications and/or Executive Chef /Sous Chef instructions.
Job Tasks: (Duties)
- Prepare and cook food items according to designated instructions, recipes and quality standards.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times.
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Culinary school diploma preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years proven cooking experience including experience as a restaurant cook or prep cook preferred but not required.
- Basic understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Must maintain accuracy and speed in following assigned tasks.
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand motions.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to tolerate working in hot and cold environments.
Position Classification and Expected Hours of Work: The assigned hours to this position vary each week according to event schedules but include working on holidays and weekends.
Compensation/Pay Scale: Based on experience.
Reports to: Chef on Duty.
Manages and Supervises: This is not a supervisory position.
Source : Country Club of Roswell