Line Cook, Prep Cook
Sacramento, CA 95819
- Selland Family Restaurants is an award winning, Michelin Starred, AAA Five Diamond Restaurant, James Beard Semi-Finalist, Top 100 US Restaurant Open Table, and a Top 100 US Restaurant, according to Yelp.
- For over 30 years, Selland Family Restaurants has been the Sacramento region's premier farm-to-fork focused and family-owned restaurant group. With four highly acclaimed restaurant concepts and six locations, we are growing fast! Our family of restaurants includes The Kitchen Restaurant, which earned a Michelin Star in 2019. The restaurant group also features Ella Dining Room and Bar, Selland's Market Café (three locations), and OBO' Italian Table & Bar. We set the industry standard for quality, hospitality, creativity, and professionalism.
- Selland Family Restaurants is a great place to thrive and grow, offering employees a chance to build a career while doing what you love, alongside some of the best people in the industry. We have a great team of passionate, talented, and friendly managers and staff. Come be a part of our team!"
- A Cook, Prep Cook, Kitchen Extern is responsible for maintaining food quality & customer satisfaction according to Restaurant standards while cleaning, receiving, prepping, and stocking product. This Associate has the knowledge of and maintains sanitary food handling practices according to SOPs set forth by the Restaurant and the Health Code.
- The Associate interacts with customers and employees in a positive manner by assisting them promptly and approaching them in a hospitable.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
- Minimum of 1 year of food preparation experience required
- Ability to follow established menus and recipes
- Multitasking skills
- Good Knife Skills
- Must have a valid California Food Handler Card
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics
- Able to communicate verbally in an articulate manner.
- Must have/get a food handler’s card.
- Able to work various hours and days as business dictates
- Must be at least 18 years of age (or have valid work permit)
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- Must be able to obtain proper uniform, including black non-slip shoes
- Must have proof to legally work in the United States
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to arrange thins or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and supervisors in person and on the phone.
- Ability to read and write to accurately complete transactions and all required documentation.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground, including mats and steps, freely accessing all areas of the store including the counter/register area, restaurant floor, stock area, and the kitchen.
- The Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without ‘giving out’ or fatiguing.
- The ability to quickly move your hands, fingers, and wrists in order to make fast, simple, repeated movements.
- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and legs. To exert maximum muscle force to lift, push pull or carry objects.
- Ability to operate and use kitchen equipment and appliances necessary to run the Restaurant.
- Ability to be exposed to extremes in water temperature, humidity, and wetness.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to perform the following activities required as essential physical job functions:
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are an organization that values diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including minorities and persons with disabilities.
Source : CoreTechs