At Fatz Cafe, we clearly understand that any success we may achieve is driven by operational excellence through flawless execution of food, an exceptional level of guest service and clean restaurants. Our exceptional food and warm, friendly atmosphere may bring guests in, but it's the way we take care of them that keeps bringing them back.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for flawless execution of preparing/cooking high quality menu items in the kitchen. Preparing and portioning foods according to our recipes and portion guides, plating cooked items, and using food safety practices at all times. Assist teammates in all areas of the kitchen with duties and treats all coworkers with dignity and respect.
- 1+ years experience working in preparing/cooking menu items in a restaurant kitchen.
- High School degree preferred, but not required. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Must be able to bend and stoop frequently.
- Must be able to stand and exert well paced mobility for periods of up to five hours in length.
- Must have the ability to lift objects of up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to management and other associates.
- Must wear slip resistant shoes at all time while working.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Identifies and selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, and vegetables used for preparation.
- Ensures food safety standards are met, i.e., proper food temperatures, proper food handling, hand washing, etc. abiding by local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains a safe, clean, sanitary workstation environment.
- Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, fry, broil, roast, carve, skewer, garnish, maintain holding temperature, grill, or otherwise produce food in the kitchen. Will wear cut resistant glove when using a knife.
- Receives and expedites guest orders, for eat in or to go, ensuring the best quality, freshest possible food is served.
- May assist in unloading and stocking product deliveries.
- May be responsible for maintaining and cleaning varying pieces of equipment, floors, storage areas, walls, utensils, etc.
- Will perform any kitchen restaurant function as needed.
Whether you’re a longtime regular or a traveler wandering through town, our goal is to make you feel right at home. So welcome to Fatz! You know, we opened our doors back in 1988 with a signature dish, Calabash Chicken. And our first restaurant wasn’t fancy. I mean, it was a converted peach stand, for goodness sake. But who needs fancy when the food is famous? And so it began with World Famous Calabash Chicken served with, dare we say it, world famous friendliness. Now, 31 years later, we’re still serving up both. You could say we’ve upped the ante on food with amazing Southern-inspired, Chef-designed steaks, seafood, ribs and more. But you’ll have to judge for yourself. So come on by and we’ll set you a place at Our Table.