We are looking for a line cook who can help us with our mission of Delighting our Guests. Our Line Cooks are responsible for preparing our delicious menu entrees and doing it in a way that meets recipe, presentation, and ticket time standards. Doing this every time is what keeps our Guests coming back, time and time again! Our hours of operation are 6:30am to 2:30pm, so no nights - ever!
- Free shift meal and 30% discount when dining as a Guest (and our food is delicious!)
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonuses
- $5,000 company paid life insurance
- Preventative Care Plan (voluntary)
- Dental Insurance (voluntary)
- Vision Coverage (voluntary)
- Accident, Critical Care Insurance, and Hospital Indemnity plans (voluntary)
- Flexible medical & dependent care accounts (voluntary)
- 401 (K) with a company match (voluntary)
- Paid Time Off hours earned (able to use after 90-days)
- Prepare and stock assigned work stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepares food for service (i.e. chopping vegetables, lunch meats, sauces, etc.) according to Company specifications.
- Cook Guest orders to recipe specification and Guest preference (i.e. special requests) in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and proper presentation, within ticket time standards.
- Answer, report, and follow Kitchen Manager and General Manager (or Manager on Duty) instructions.
- Ensure that hands, food preparation, serving equipment, storage containers, and work stations are sanitary at all times.
- Cleans and maintains all prep counters, prep sinks, chopping, mixing, and slicing equipment
- Cleans and maintains all grills, fryers, ovens, and serving line.
- Tests and monitors cooled, heated, and holding equipment for proper temperatures.
- Stocks inventory for station appropriately.
- Properly dates, rotates, and stores all food items.
- Completes side work and extra projects as assigned
- Must have a valid Food Handler’s Card
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand the primary language of the work location.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Able to meet the shift’s needs of fluctuating business demands
- Must make quality decisions relying on experience and good judgement with supervisory assistance by the manager on duty.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Varying schedule to include mornings, , weekdays, holidays, and extended hours as business dictates.
At Elmer’s & Egg N’ Joe, we have grown and prospered by executing consistently on our three-word mission statement – Delight Our Guests. We are dedicated to providing quality food ingredients and personable, gracious service that make guests feel at home. With ample portions, beautifully presented, our menu is up-to-date and includes traditional favorites as well as seasonal entrées. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available all day at Elmer’s, while Egg N’ Joe is open for breakfast and lunch only. In addition to numerous local Best Breakfast awards, Guests rave about their experiences on Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Google. Elmer’s has also received national recognition in the category of Family Restaurants with high marks on four main attributes consisting of taste, value, service, and mood.