Responsible for all items prepared in the kitchen. Portions and prepares food items prior to cooking. Other duties may include preparing, plating and garnishing food items.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to keep up in fast paced environment.
- Plates items along with appropriate garnish.
- Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, beat, maintain holding temperature, fry, or otherwise produce food in the proper station.
- Should have a general understanding of the hood system.
- Understands fry filtration and grease life rotation program.
- Ensures a consistent and legendary product is served to each guest.
- Exhibits teamwork and communication with all areas of the line.
- Adheres to hot grease removal procedures and proper discard into the grease pit.
- Adheres to all back door security policies.
- Completes line sweeps throughout shift.
- Maintains proper cleaning and sanitation standards throughout the shift.
- Completes breakdown and special cleaning responsibilities nightly.
- Maintains proper uniform and hygiene standards at all times.
- The ability to have fun at work.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
-A minimum of one year in a food preparation position is desirable but not mandatory.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- The ability to read and follow a recipe.
- Exhibits excellent teamwork.
- Ability to read tickets and communicate with others.
- Speed and accuracy is a must.
- Ability to communicate in the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Typical restaurant environment