ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set up, execute, and maintain menu items on a station as directed by the Executive Chef and the Sous Chefs
- Assist with general butchery of fish & meats
- Contribute to the general cleanliness of the kitchen and the equipment therein
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Chef and the Sous Chefs any product needs related to the dishes on their respective station
- Follow Chefs direction to manage all aspects of your station.
- Arrive as scheduled for AM kitchen meeting. Report to chef. Be prepared to take notes from meeting and carry out chef’s direction.
- Check station for crossover from last shift using prep lists and verbal communication to set priorities for you shift.
- Each shift is responsible for checking and maintaining a high level of quality of products and equipment on their station. Bringing any problems or shortages to the chef’s attention.
- Set up station according to menu needs and be set for service time.
- Prep food products according to reservations for shift. Use proper rotation, first in first out. Checking for quality, preventing food waste.
- Perform correct cooking techniques specific to your station. Seasoning, sautéing, grilling, braising, steaming, and vegetable, meat and fish cookery.
- Understand how to use operate and care for all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times. Observe good sanitation practice and safety procedures. Wear gloves when possible.
- To properly direct and aid the commis in all prep essential to their given station.
- Check out with chef daily before leaving your shift.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner with great attention to detail.
- Take pride in accomplishing tasks assigned and work with integrity.
- Maintain and follow high safety standards and personal conduct.
- Follow Company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook.
- Embrace Cavallo Point Approachable Luxury Philosophy and Values, creating legendary memories with passion.
- Excellent knife skills
- Good knowledge of wide variety of cooking terms and techniques
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Able to work standing for extended periods of time
- Daily duties may also include but are not limited to unpacking and stocking kitchen deliveries, as well as assigned cleaning duties.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a High School diploma
- Must have at least 2 years experience working in a commercial kitchen
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions; and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds.
About Our Benefits
Here are some of the benefits available to qualifying employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Option
- Five star hospitality training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee discount programs
About Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point Lodge is a San Francisco Bay area luxury lodge located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito. The Lodge offers luxury accommodations, fine dining, healing arts center and spa, cooking school and meeting facilities. In addition to being a member of Historic Hotels of America, Cavallo Point Lodge was named one of the "Top 10 New American Landmarks" by Travel+Leisure and also received LEED Gold Certification for its environmentally sustainable design and construction.