Full-time; Days, Nights
If you’re compassionate and enjoy helping others, consider becoming a part of the Primrose Retirement Team. Work with a team of caring individuals with a reputation for providing exceptional care and an excellent assisted living experience for seniors. This may be just the work-family you are looking for.
Primrose offers a competitive salary, 401K match, PTO, annual pay increases, and so much more!
Primrose Retirement Communities, LLC, provides high-quality independent and assisted living communities in over 32 locations and 17 states across the country. Headquartered in Aberdeen, South Dakota since our founding in 1989, our mission is to create a happy and healthy living environment for seniors. Our motto “this is living!” guides us in every aspect of our work from providing personalized attention and a full and exciting activities calendar to our friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
The Licensed Practical Nurse/LPN Staff Nurse is responsible for the provision and monitoring of high quality nursing care within scope of practice. The Staff Nurse coordinates and supervises nursing personnel to deliver nursing care which will ensure that resident’s needs are met in accordance with the professional standards of practice through physician orders, community policies and procedures, and federal, state and local regulations and established nursing best practices. Responsible for resident services and other duties as assigned. Duties may include personal services, housekeeping, laundry, social-recreational activities, delegated tasks, meal services, and other tasks as needed for resident well-being. Reports to Director of Nursing, Executive Director, and/or designee.
- Adheres to and conveys to the following Primrose mission statement: Through the commitment of our investors and dedicated staff, our daily focus is to develop and maintain happy and healthy living environments and provide a “person-centered” care approach for our growing senior population.
- Administer Medications and Treatments within the State and Federal guidelines of your Licensure and Scope of Practice.
- Assist residents with identified needs as outlined in the nursing/service plan.
- Respond to resident emergencies; provide first-aid assistance and arrange for appropriate medical attention/follow-up.
- Receives report from the previous shift and gives report to next shift.
- Reads the staff communication records and maintains familiarity with resident records as required.
- Assists with orientation of new staff to job responsibilities as needed.
- Assists with instrumental activities of daily living, ADL’s, environmental orientation, and other care while encouraging self-care and independence.
- Assists with dining room set up, serving meals, and dining room and kitchen clean up as needed.
- Implements and contributes to the evaluation of the residents response to the current nursing/service plan of care at the direction of the Director of Nursing or designated RN.
- Implements and contributes to the evaluation of the residents’ response to the medication or treatment plan authorized by the directing physician.
- Assists with laundry service as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors, including housekeeping services for residents as needed.
- Observes and reports appropriately any noted problems, concerns, and/or issues noted with resident apartments, the community or grounds.
- Observes changes in resident status, needs or preferences and documents and reports appropriately. Contributes observations and health information to the nursing assessment and reports all data to the Director of Nursing or designated RN.
- Observes all work, safety and administrative rules. Comply with OSHA standard and regulations. Know the potential hazards of any chemicals used and the proper personal protective equipment required. Use personal protective equipment as directed by Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures and Employee Handbook.
- Avoids loss, breakage and waste of supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, work, safety and other emergency situations.
- Assists with individual Resident and group social recreational activities as appropriate.
- Direct unlicensed nursing staff on your shift in following the service plans and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned which may include: general cleaning of nurses’ station, public restrooms, laundry rooms, hallways, kitchen, dining room, and storage rooms.