UltaCare Medical has an immediate opening for a clinical social worker or psychologist to provide behavioral health services (talk therapy) onsite to residents of a nursing home. Anxiety, depression, dementia, grief, and loss, along with a variety of other mental health conditions are prominent challenges in nursing home populations and these residents deserve a professional clinician that can help them deal with these challenges. Treating this segment of the population can be extremely rewarding.
We seek an individual that is comfortable and feels rewarded by helping this group through their issues and helping them maximize their quality of life during this stage of life. Schedules are flexible and LCSW will work independently and remotely inside of post-acute and long-term care nursing facilities. We are also open to LCSW's that prefer to work as independent contractors.
- Work with facility RN’s, LPN’s, CNA’s, social services, and administration to identify patient referrals.
- Dictate patient visit notes within 24 hours of the visit.
- Provide therapeutic services to patients and on occasion for their families.
- Complete required documentation, paperwork, and treatment planning in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate compassion and commitment to patients.
- Demonstrate commitment to the UltaCare Medical mission.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work alongside facility staff such as the DON, RN’s LPN’s, CAN’s. While you work for UltaCare Medical, it is important that you communicate and work with other medical professionals also caring for the patient.
- Working knowledge of Clinic policies and procedures.
- Experience working with the geriatric population (preferred).
- Ability to assess, create a treatment plan, and execute that treatment plan for a full spectrum of mental health conditions.
- Organized self-starter, motivated problem solver, and critical thinker.
- Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, responsibility, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction.
- Clear and effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Superior attention to detail, ability to consistently demonstrate quality in their work.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues of all levels and build cross-functional relationships.
Education and Experience:
- LCSW required
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited university
- LCSW in good standing in the State of Texas
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
- Flexible schedule.
- Health insurance.
- Malpractice insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Day shift.
- Monday to Friday.
- LCSW license (Required)
About UltaCare Medical:
UltaCare Medical was built to elevate patient care for Seniors. Often times this includes us increasing the availability of care by embedding providers wherever they live. We believe that everybody deserves immediate access to high quality care which is our "UltaCare."As opposed to facilities that may have providers that "round" , our providers are onsite full-time. "Rounding" providers can't spend the time needed with every patient. They have to choose which patient's they see when they are onsite because they may only be onsite for a half a day, once a week. Our providers are on-site, on demand full-time. Patients are seen when they need to be seen and providers can spend as much time as needed, not 5 minutes because they have to get to the next patient because they are only there for that half-day.