Legal Secretary - (Civil Litigation)
Full Benefits/401k Beautiful Office
Salary - $77, 000 - $ 88, 000+ DOE
We are a Premier employment and labor law Firm, with a thriving business litigation, business transaction and insurance coverage litigation practices that represent a diverse range of businesses and industries, including Fortune 100 companies, financial institutions, health care companies, construction companies and local startups.
We offer an collaborative work environment and encourage work life balance.
This position supports one partner and 2 Associates.
- 8+ years of solid current law firm experience.
- Stable employment history.
- Labor & Employment and/or Business litigation experience is ideal but not required;
- Civil litigation experience is a must.
- Strong technical skills such as using Microsoft Office 2007 or higher, Outlook and Excel, with aptitude to learn document management software and calendaring software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to prepare correspondence, memoranda, discovery, pleading and other legal documents from written and/or drafts; drafts standard correspondence and legal documents. Electronically file and hard copy file legal documents with appropriate courts in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write, proofread and perform minor editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling, California style of legal citation, proper formatting for a variety of legal documents). Perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents. Maintain records, calendars, and filings.
- Ability to maintain case calendaring and deadline reminder systems; utilize master calendar system, update and monitor attorney(s) calendars. Ability to make and calendar appointments, schedule or reserve depositions and hearing dates.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices necessary to complete and handle legal documents.
- Ability to read, sort, date and process incoming mail. Ensure that outgoing mail goes out the same day and is timely delivered. Use appropriate delivery services when necessary and follow up on timely delivery as may be necessary.
- Ability to initiate conflict of interest memoranda, initiate opening of new files; maintain client and general files as needed.
- Ability to assist and monitor attorney(s) time/billing entry; edit pre-bills as requested or necessary.
- Ability to work with office services staff to coordinate large copy and scan jobs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Word 2016, Outlook 2016, Excel 2016, NetDocuments, Document management software, CompuLaw calendaring software, and Surepoint LMS time and billing software.
As a partner with Mattson Resources, my focus is Executive Search and Business Development. My passion is People and building client - candidate partnerships. My joy is understanding our client’s company culture and the scope of each search request to make a perfect hire. I thrive to be a trusted resource to both my client and candidate. On-boarding top tier clients and working with career professionals to assist them in their job search has been a rewarding career. Mattson opened in 2007 with 5 employees, we have expanded our services and currently offer 5 specialty recruiting Divisions, Executive Search, Engineering, IT, Accounting, Office Professional and Skilled Technical. It brings me much joy and satisfaction to be recognized as one of Orange County’s top Search firms year after year!