Legal Billing Associate: Boston, MA
Compensation: $90,000 + O/T
We are currently seeking candidates for a Legal Billing Associate position with a prestigious law firm located in Boston, MA. This position reports into the director of Client Services who has an excellent reputation for building admirable teams and is an outstanding manager to work for. This firm takes pride in providing a career path for professionals.
- Order, prepare, and distribute pre-bills for assigned billing partners/accounts
- Transmit electronic billing (“eBilling”), assess electronic billing processes and procedures and implement system changes as necessary
- Responsible for recording and maintaining accurate phase, task, and billing codes
- Prepare, produce, and finalize invoices for assigned accounts
- Assist with bill preparation for more sophisticated bills and/or on-demand requirements as available (both manual & electronic)
- This position will have direct contact with billing partners to resolve billing related issues
- Responsible for maintenance and follow-up on available unallocated funds
- Reprint posted invoices and provide copies as necessary
- Produce ad hoc reports as requested
- Assist with billing overflow from other offices as needed
- Update billing addresses and payer information as needed
- Coordinate special client billing requests with Billing Manager
- Coordinate approval and implementation of special rate arrangements in collaboration with the Pricing and Project Management team and the Billing Compliance Team
- Respond in a timely manner to Client Accounting emails and help line calls
- Address revised invoice balances as client issues are surfaced
- Responsible for client audit report preparation
- Maintain client/matter maintenance information in coordination with the Billing Compliance team
- Work collaboratively with collection coordinators on accounts receivable issues
- Interacts with Conflicts Department for new matter openings and record maintenance in coordination with the Billing Compliance team
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a professional services environment, law firm billing experience preferred.
- Experience with financial/billing software packages and Finance/Accounting organizational operations. “Aderant, Elite, eHub or Bill Blast Billing System experience preferred.
- Ability to adhere and apply billing department policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the firm professionally and tactfully.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle a high volume of tasks maintaining attention to detail and prioritizing as necessary.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Strong knowledge of excel preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Allie Ross at email@example.com
Please note: This listing is for a fixed-term contract position, which we are looking to fill immediately. While we are interested in all qualified candidates, we seek candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship, as we cannot sponsor immigration-related employment visas for this particular role. Daley And Associates in an equal opportunity employer and it is Daley And Associates' policy to review applications regardless of race, gender, national origin, citizenship status or any other classification protected by law.