WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As a lead software engineer in Commerce in the Cloud Payment API team, you will be part of designing and delivering platforms to bring best in class consumer experiences to life in over 40 countries worldwide. You will be partnering with your teammates to ensure our software is of the highest quality and that we meet all of our requirements on a demanding schedule. Engineers on the Payment team partner with other Global Technology domains and the Architecture Group to help shape our technical vision and deliver systems that serve our consumers worldwide.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
You will join the Consumer & Marketplace department and you’ll be an extended team member to two agile squads of approximately 5-6 engineers each. You will collaborate with Lead Engineers and Principal Engineers throughout the Global Technology organization to ensure delivery of technical solutions that follow common patterns and drive Nike’s platform architecture. You’ll build and grow partnerships across product, engineering, architecture, and the business team to tackle business problems.
AS A LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Architect, develop, test and deploy sophisticated solutions in our payment domain.
- Prolific code contributor and will be expected to demonstrate code and product ownership.
- Informing product owners on technology-related business problems; formulating options and assessing their relative merits and risk to determine the best solution.
- Provide technical leadership in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of major new capabilities.
- Keep up to date with the world of platforms and build a capability maturity vision to ensure that we are always aiming to be outstanding.
- Mentor software developers on the team, and through code reviews, ensure that all the work meets industry standards.
- Assist in solving and resolving production issues.
- Work with multiple multi-functional engineering teams at Nike to build the future of sport.
- Share takeaways through blogs, talks and discussions across Nike.
- Drive cross-domain alignment and technical delivery of major capabilities across value streams.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or relatedfield or equivalent combination of education,experience, and training.
- 7+ years of professional experience in application engineering.
- Hands on coding experience in Java.
- Proficient in modern software architectural principles and patterns (REST, DDD, microservices, etc.)
- Hands on experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2/ECS, Lambdas, No-SQL DB, etc.) within a micro-service architecture.
- Cloud development experience (AWS preferred)
- Experience with payment platform and PCI audits.
- Well versed with Agile methodology.
- Continuous Integration and automated testing experience
- Experience deploying, monitoring, and supporting most important cloud applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.