Global Technology is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. We are responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely while also creating personalized digital experiences that inspire athletes to move faster, push harder and achieve their personal best.
We advocate innovation alongside a network of both home-grown and open source libraries and tools. These help us advance web and native UI development, evolve our data science and eCommerce capabilities, refine our DevOps practices and retool our services infrastructure. Our vision is to build and deliver extraordinary NIKE platforms, services and products directly to all athletes around the world.
Join our world-class technologists in finding innovative ways to engage consumers and strengthen their connection to our products, services and brand. Working on the Launch Platform you will build and enhance the front door for Nike’s consumer requests to a wide variety of our eCommerce platforms. Our team supports Nike Commerce and Launch Services which highlight NIKEs hottest brand moments with highly-scalable, security-compliant and critically-stable microservices with the newest AWS technologies and Managed Services. Innovate and experiment as you deliver observable, data-driven solutions to real-world problems in an Agile, DevOps environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or similar field or relevant professional experience, education, and training
- 7 years of experience in software development
- Several years of professional experience in design, development & testing back end applications in Java or other similar technologies
- Strong experience with Java frame works and libraries (sprint boot, spring security, etc)
- Experience leading collaborative design and architecture sessions with artifacts expressed as high level design documents
- Experience mentoring more junior developers
- Strong experience leading multiple tracks of technical work
- Strong experience working with various Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Strong advocate of DevOps, and hands-on experience with DevOps tools and test automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and business-facing
- Experience in modern software architectural principles and patterns (REST, domain-driven design, microservices, etc.)
- Experience addressing issues in unfamiliar technology and tenacity to solve from root causes
- Working in an agile environment
On our team we emphasis maintaining a positive, modest, and professional attitude as we work with multiple teams and platforms to discover and deliver enhancements to our services and processes. You will follow Scrum practices, starting your day with a Standup to communicate and set direction, attending Demonstration and Retrospective conversations as needed, and collaborating within our small team frequently.
We follow DevOps principals – our engineers are expected to contribute to every phase in the lifecycle of deliverables from ideation through to maintenance, including design, implementation, testing, deployment, documentation, and working on automation as appropriate.
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $145,000.00 per year. Information about benefits can be foundhere.