Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Lead Engineer, Software Engineering, you will provide technical leadership, including the design, development and delivery of business technology-enabled applications and shared services. This role drives proficiency within teams, provides resolution to technical issues, assures best practices are followed, and assists management in meeting strategic initiatives while contributing to smooth business operations. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest cutting-edge technologies such as .Net Core, Angular, Kubernetes, Kafka, RabbitMQ, NoSQL databases, as well as Google Cloud. While there is minimal maintenance work, the majority of work this role is focused on true build and enhancement. Join us as we disrupt and transform the transportation industry through technology.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Lead a scrum team of 5-8 teammates across development, QA, and scrum management
- Develop web, web services and back-office applications using the Microsoft and open source stack of technologies, including C#, .NET Core, Angular, RabbitMQ, Couchbase, and Elasticsearch
- Perform unit testing with documented test cases and results
- Participate in the review and analyses of business requirements, functional specifications, and design documents; participate in project post-mortem facilitation
- Evaluate and recommend external tools and/or process changes that boost team productivity
- Conduct proof of concept projects with newer technologies
- Take initiative in solving complex technical problems and recommend original solutions and design approaches to platform requirements, making decisions between competing solution
- Available for production application deployment and troubleshooting off hours and/or on an on-call basis
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of relevant software development experience including creating business applications and within a fast-paced software development environment.
- Hands on full stack development experience using C#, .NET Core, Angular, RabbitMQ, SQL & No SQL databases (SQL Server & Couchbase preferred) and Elastic Search
- Experience in writing testable code using SOLID design principles
- Experience working with API/Microservices and event driven architecture
- Availability to perform 24/7 on-call duties on a rotational basis
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related technical field
- Experience working on Docker, Kubernetes, or other container technologies
- Experience working on Cloud Computing technology (GCP), Apigee, PubSub
- Proven experience in logistics and/or transportation management, business analysis and customer relations
- Solid project and time management skills with experience successfully multitasking and managing customer expectations
- Experience working with nontechnical end users to explain technical concepts
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.