Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.Job Description
You will be part of the bitcoin mining team in Block that develops bitcoin mining ASIC, bitcoin mining rig; and associated systems, software and infrastructure.In this role, you will lead a team of developers to create mobile apps to promote and aid the mining of bitcoin on Block's devices. You will be hands-on in the design and development of both an IOS and Android application. You will be the first member of the team and in the first 6 months you will recruit 2 staff for development and Test/QA. Growth of the team beyond that will be re-evaluated based on your input and market progress. The Bitcoin HW team is in startup mode which means the goals are being continually re-evaluated. You will be challenged to assess and adjust as necessary to produce a consumer application that functions as an important part of Block's ecosystem of economic empowering tools.
- Work directly with the Hardware team allowing you to influence the direction of the next generation of mining devices
- Work with prototyping hardware requires the developer to exercise especially good instincts when debugging as the problem could be in the ASIC, the PCB or the software or any combination of them
- Lead a team you will have influence on the product and the chance to choose your own team
- 8 years of relevant professional experience and team leadership
- IOS and Android application development experience
- IOS and Android application deployment experience
You May Also Have (but not required):
- Knowledge of Bitcoin mining and economics of mining
- Knowledge of W1 or other bitcoin wallets
- Cash App interfacing / API
- Security protocols, especially ECC
- Wi-Fi interfacing with mobile devices, Wi-Fi Direct
- Open source development experience
- Experience with Linux or Unix development
- Degree in CS, CE, or equivalent practical experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our ID page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.