Who we are: Multi Media, LLC owns and operates one of the most popular live streaming entertainment platforms in the industry! Our site hosts over 10 million daily users and generates 700 million clicks per month.
As a member of the Core Pod on our Software Engineering team here at Multi Media, you will be involved in crafting internal developer tools and modernizing our tech stack. We have recently started to move some code from an in-house built TypeScript framework to React. You will be expected to take ownership of and be a subject-matter expert the React project to establish best practices as the project grows to incorporate more of the core product.
How our product is built: Our web application is built on a Python/Django framework, paired with a custom-built Typescript framework mixed with React on the front-end, and a handful of microservices in Java, Golang & Rust.
Our sophisticated system has multiple parts, including but not limited to payment gateways, live chats, and video streaming technology. Every contribution here is of high impact and affects the experience of millions of users using the site every day.
What you'll do:
- Help define, document, and advocate for software engineering best practices.
- Assist in planning and executing the modernization of our front-end tech stack.
- Work on a product supported across all major web browsers, mobile devices, smart TVs, and video consoles.
- Provide thoughtful code reviews and architectural insight to help engineers and management achieve their business goals.
- Refactor/optimize existing code to deliver the best consumer experience.
- Participate in daily standups and brainstorming sessions to figure out the best technical direction for our larger
What you'll bring to the team:
- A college degree in the STEM field or equivalent years of experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with React in production environments
- Some experience with strongly-typed compiled languages (TypeScript, Go, Java, C++)
- Advanced knowledge of software development methods and best practices.
- A passion for code quality, engineering, learning, and testing.
- Prior experience teaching and mentoring fellow software engineers.
- Experience with Python and Django
- Strong Docker fundamentals
- Experience with micro-frontend architecture
- Experience with GCP or AWS
- Proven record of page speed optimization
What we offer:
- 100% covered Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance for you and any dependents
- Fully Remote Optional
- Long & Short term disability insurance
- 401k with 5% matching
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual Year-End Company Closure
- Paid Lunches in-office, or if Remote, GrubHub weekly stipends
- EAP, employee recognition programs
- Med-access travel reimbursement
- And much more!
Multi Media, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.