Join Bluestar and apply your software engineering expertise to help cure cancer. Our proprietary epigenomics technology detects cancer early when treatment is easier, leading to better outcomes for patients. Our tests are developed by generating and analyzing genome-wide sequence profiles from tens of thousands of patients. High quality software engineering is a crucial part of enabling our R&D success and we are looking for a top-notch software engineer to join our growing, pre-IPO company.
We are searching for a software engineer committed to building high quality systems that support our R&D effort. Your software systems will empower our team in discovering how best to identify cancer, and then in testing millions of patients. You will bring expertise in developing scalable cloud-based computing and data management solutions. You will lead the software engineering effort, delivering high reliability, fault tolerant production applications that can be maintained and scaled. You will be responsible for translating stakeholder requirements into engineering tasks, selecting appropriate technical approaches, coordinating sprints and creating a productive, transparent engineering process for your team.
Bluestar is a pre-IPO company that offers stock options, competitive salary, a bonus program and a complete benefits package. Join in helping us help cancer patients by finding their cancer when it can still be cured.
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements
- Architect stack for systems, selecting appropriate technologies given requirements
- Prioritize feature requirements
- Decompose requirements into a development plan
- Working with key stakeholders, determine individual tasks for software sprints
- Oversee software engineering team writing appropriate tests and code
- Write high quality tests and code
- Report regularly within and outside of team on progress and development roadmap
- Exemplify our core values - Visionary; pioneering; truth seeking; driven; honest and considerate communication; embraces diversity - and operate with transparency and integrity
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Lead experience strongly preferred
- Biotech experience and/or knowledge of engineering in a regulated environment desirable
- Nextflow experience desirable
- Expertise with AWS
- Familiarity with DevOps, direct experience preferred
- Understanding of the fundamentals of networks, particularly in an AWS environment
- Deep expertise in data modeling and data management
- Experience developing systems for data science
- Excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills
- Expertise in git
Come join us in addressing large healthcare needs through precision epigenomic medicine!
Bluestar Genomics is an exciting life science company that is reinventing non-invasive molecular diagnostic testing using next generation epigenomic technologies. We are passionate and dedicated to discovering and developing medicines that will make a significant difference in cancer and other epigenomic-driven diseases. Our technologies provide novel insight and quantitation of human health and disease, with our focus on precision medicine applications improving both clinical and health system outcomes. Our company was founded based on pioneering work in the Stanford laboratory of Stephen Quake, with advisors from Stanford and UCSF.
We look for extraordinary lifelong learners with a passion and growth mindset for these areas, and for combining biological ingenuity with AI and data analysis. Led by a team with decades of experience bringing products from concept to market, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We provide generous benefits to all employees including stock options. We are building a world-class company, based in San Diego and San Mateo.