We are looking for a remarkable Lead Software Engineer to join us! We’ve built a team of not just the best engineers, but some amazing people as well. Our team builds cloud software (platform + apps + ecosystem) to accelerate the flow of government data into the hands of citizens, developers, businesses and researchers. We impact society by enabling governments of all sizes to employ data-driven leadership.
The work we do matters.
New York City, USDOT, DOJ, HHS and 500+ other cities, states, counties, and federal agencies use our platform & solutions to connect decision makers and the public with information that matters to their day to day life. We are leading clients across the country as they look to tackle the most pressing problems of our time.
Some of the things youll be doing:
- Designing and building new platform microservices to help scale our platform to handle government datasets with hundreds of millions of rows.
- Establishing development standards and best practices.
- Development across the stack, from high performance data-intensive backend services through business requirements and customer-facing UI.
- Mentoring engineers across the organization.
- Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
We would love to hear from you if...
- You have at least 5 years of experience building distributed systems.
- You aim for simplicity.
- You care about scalable, reliable, well-tested code.
- You are willing to work in any part of the stack required to move the team forward.
- You are humble. You take responsibility for your mistakes, and you learn from them.
- You have experience with at least one statically typed language like Scala, Java, Go, Rust or C++. Bonus points for experience with Elixir.
- You have knowledge and experience designing and managing relational databases in production, ideally Postgres. Bonus points for experience with technologies like Amazon Athena or Google BigQuery.
- You have experience in owning all aspects of a system lifecycle, from proper design, testing, deployment, metrics and monitoring.
- You are comfortable working in a heterogeneous development environment where you’ll be working with multiple development languages and technologies.
- You have a strong track record of shipping scalable software in the face of ambiguity.
- You want to work in a company where everybody believes in a shared mission and has a strong sense of shared responsibility.
- You are comfortable making technical decisions when there is no clear correct answer.
- Ability to pass a federal background check required
- You belong here! Nobody checks every box and if your experience and interests match some of the above, we would love to hear from you.
Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) provides integrated software and technology services to the public sector. Tylers end-to-end solutions empower local, state, and federal government entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other. By connecting data and processes across disparate systems, Tylers solutions are transforming how clients gain actionable insights that solve problems in their communities. Tyler has more than 37,000 successful installations across more than 12,000 locations, with clients in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. Tyler has been recognized numerous times for growth and innovation, including Government Technology’s GovTech 100 list and Forbes’ “Most Innovative Growth Companies” list.
Additionally, we aspire to be remarkable: in the culture we create, the products we build, and the services we deliver. We believe a diverse team that embodies different backgrounds and experiences is necessary for us to be the best we can be. Within the company, we pursue a culture of inclusivity by identifying and removing aspects of our culture that stop people from being able to do the best work of their lives in physical and emotional safety, while being their authentic selves. We seek diversity, equity, and inclusion across our organization and in our daily work as individuals.
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
Salary will generally fall between $77,823 - $160,592 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We’re also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.