With over 25 million surveys collected annually from thousands of retailers worldwide, Bizrate Insights is one of the largest sources of verified customer-generated seller ratings and reviews, helping both retailers and consumers make informed decisions. Bizrate Insights’ core solutions cover online visitors and buyers as well as retail store buyers, allowing retailers of all sizes to build best-in-class customer experiences, gain competitive intelligence, and attract more qualified traffic.
We believe in hard work, kindness, dedication, accountability, helping each other, never stop learning, and getting stuff done. If you share those values and want to be part of a team that is fast paced as a startup but with rock-solid support from an industry leader, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
Bizrate Insights is a member of Synapse Group, Inc, which is a Dotdash Meredith company.
Opportunity for Impact
- If you are customer obsessed, loves a challenge, and are excited about providing top quality experiences, then this is the role for you!
- You'll work with an exceptional group of software engineers, SDETs, QA, product managers, operations, and technical project managers using a wide array of technologies to build and enhance our websites, APIs, and integrations
- This is a mature organization that is also in the midst of a transformation. You'll be able to have an impact throughout the organization by advocating for and implementing meaningful change
About the Role:
- Build some amazing things, learn, have fun
- Leverage your expertise to constantly raise the bar and ensure the team delivers extraordinary results – focusing on creating value, continuous improvement and collaboration
- Strive to thoroughly understand customer, business, engineering, and stakeholder needs to provide effective solutions to meet those needs
- Design, review, and write great code in an ecosystem of serverless and distributed microservices deployed in AWS
- Mentor other engineers to drive growth in best practices and effectiveness
- Build real partnerships among team members and throughout the company
- Utilizing streamlined development and deployment processes that empower engineers to drive features to production
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to anticipate technical needs and facilitate the design of our infrastructure
About your Contributions:
- You have 10+ years of hands-on software development experience with deep understanding of architecture and design across many frameworks and languages
- You have worked with high performing engineering teams, including both onshore and offshore, to solve tough problems
- You have experience in a senior role architecting enterprise applications and databases that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, high availability, and serverless technologies.
- You care deeply about your team, customers, quality, and has demonstrated the ability to properly mentor and help grow other engineers
- You listen, communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, and provide solutions with actionable plans
- You have strong analytical skills and a results-driven mindset.
- You have a track record of designing and developing cloud-native applications, you know most of these technologies / tools, and are eager to learn the rest quickly – Java, NodeJS, AWS (EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, RDS, SQS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redis/Elasticache, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, ElasticSearch).
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban)
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
- Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across an entire organization
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex environments
- Results oriented, tenacious, but with the ability to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches
- Both accepting of other people’s ideas and confident in your own
- Values integrity, humility, accountability, creativity, confidence, open-mindedness, reliability, collaboration
Pay Range: $160,000 to $211,000
The pay range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position and may change in the future. Actual pay may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Dotdash Meredith’s total compensation package for employees. Other compensation may include annual bonuses, and short- and long-term incentives. In addition, Dotdash Meredith provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a generous 401K employer matching program, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability status. The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.