Beyond Limits is seeking a high-energy, creative, and passionate Lead Software Engineer to join our Front-End Design & Engineering team. This entails working with all aspects of front-end design and implementation, interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. As part of the development team, you will take the lead on building complex UI/UX features and components, looking to continuously improve the user experience. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Be a hands-on lead for a team that is developing capabilities that visualize and interact with data and knowledge at scale
- Work with the UX designers to understand requirements and build front-end web application components
- Design and build web applications written in a variety of front-end technologies, including building of reusable UI components in a modularized manner
- Collaborate in an agile manner with engineers, data scientists, product owners and other cross-functional teams to deliver compelling UI/UX functionality
- Design new or leverage existing ways to visualize and plot complex multi-dimensional data sets
- Establish and adhere to best practices in Design Thinking and User-Centric principles
- Lead the team through stakeholder evaluations, external customer requests and design needs in an efficient manner
- Define and set goals for the junior team members and be a strong career mentor
- 8+ years of applied front-end engineering and design experience
- 2+ years of leading teams/projects from concept to deployment
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related degree
- Strong knowledge of front-end technologies
- Solid understanding of software design and architecture
- Experience implementing software development best practices for code management, continuous integration, and automated testing
- A strong problem-solver mentality, and an intense curiosity about all things technology
- Hands on experience with Node.js
- Emphasis on creating reusable React components
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with React framework
- Visual design skills and tools proficiency with Adobe Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision, or Figma
- Technical ability to translate placeholder designs into engineered reality
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.