LEAD SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As an SRE, you will utilize your software, systems engineering, and operations background to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant systems. Your role is to ensure the reliability, scalability and maximum uptime of CNB systems in the Data Center or Cloud Platform.Experienced people manager with proven leadership and coaching abilities.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Establish practices and communications to foster a culture of issue self-identification and support partners in the vendor Risk Issue management processes to carry out their roles effectively and consistently.
* Lead Incident management process, RCA and participate in blameless post-motems. Provide risk management insights through an ongoing process of gathering, analyzing and prioritizing actionable risk messages; develop content to support communication of the messages and enable technology teams to consume and apply the messages to their respective areas. -
* Manage Security Review Board meeting to review the APIs and security policies to ensure vendors connectivity happen securely
* Design, build and manage SLIs, SLOs and Error budgets for Availability , Performane/Latency and Throughput for critical services running in production. Be a proponent of using the SRE core principles in driving product velocity
* Build and manage effective relationships with key stakeholders, team members, and other business, functional and support groups. Collaborate with senior leaders to ensure alignment of Global Cyber Security initiatives.
* Lead public cloud environment setup , Management , troubleshooting
* Look for the opportunity to continuously enhance / evolve internal capabilities
* Define, architect, and implement a target-state API toolset that will significantly enhance developer experience across the API lifecycle
* Suggesting deployment pattern improvements based on past learnings from previous deployments and continuous performance analysis
* All other appropriate duties as required.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
* Minimum 12 years of experience in an Operational role, DevOps, SRE, or Software Engineering
* Minimum 8 years of experience doing development in any of Java, NodeJS, .NET Core, Python
* Minimum 5 years of experience with development or administration on any cloud platforms (Cloud Foundry, Heroku, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Bluemix, Kubernetes, and others). (The ideal candidate has significant experience with Platform as a Service cloud such as Cloud Foundry)
Skills and Knowledge
* 5+ years of experience developing applications with an active user base, and deploying to production and going through any change management process (Ideal candidate is able to engage in a detailed discussion about their change management process as well as its happy/pain points)
* 5+ Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other deployment/provisioning tools.
* 5+ Demonstrated expertise in a broad range of Information Security and Risk Management, including strong knowledge and experience in application development and data management concepts and governance practices.
* 5+ Experience with APIs and Oauth. Preferably Apigee and Pingfederate Minimum 2+ years of Experience with log analytical and management solutions such as Splunk / Elasticsearch and Kibana
* Minimum 2+ years of experience in Monitoring tools such as Datadog, AppDynamics, Dynatrace etc
* Creativity, energy, and passion for leveraging technology to transform our industry; the belief that automation is the only way
* A good understanding of modern, cloud centric architectures and DevOps principles
* Experience with the operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting
* Providing standardized offerings to facilitate and ensure operational health of stacks throughout their lifecycle including metrics collection, aggregation, and visualization, inventory, capacity, and billing/tag management
* You are competitive and passionate. You thrive on challenge and have a proven ability to set ambitious but achievable goals and surpass them
* Demonstrate a team player attitude with a growth mindset to be open to learn and adapt the changing landscape of the industry
* Experience defining and managing enterprise-level API landscape (Internal and external APIs), domain driven design.
* Expert in microservices architecture and various integration patterns.
* Proven track record to deliver analyze and conceptualize data to meet research objectives and develop powerful risk and business insights.
* Strong Hands-on knowledge on API Management platform
Starting base salary: $130,990 - $170,155 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Source : City National Bank