Join an innovation team with a globally known automotive company. We’re seeking a lead scientist for cutting-edge research and engineering activities in quantum computing (QC). Our organization is made up of a mixture of research scientists and software engineers who work together to solve the most challenging problems in AI and related fields. As a Lead Scientist, you will lead the investigation of quantum computing to a challenging area of intelligent systems.
You should grow into the role of an ambassador for QC in our company. This position requires research and leadership skills, solid knowledge in computer science and areas of mathematics related to quantum computing. Previous experience in developing and deploying quantum computing software in hybrid or standalone context are a big plus.
- Work closely with the institute management in order to explore & guide the direction of research & engineering in QC.
- Initiate match between algorithms and problem structure at our institute and in Honda.
- Research algorithms for identified impactful problems from the mobility domain.
- Negotiate and supervise the collaboration with external partners / universities.
- Bridge the gap between established research institutes and future Honda users.
- Apply selected algorithms to selected problems.
- Guide QC software engineering.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field.
- Deep principled & algorithmic knowledge in Quantum Computing.
- Research, innovation or application record in Quantum ML, Quantum Algorithms or Quantum information science.
- Strong leadership and communication competencies.
- Solid understanding of quantum computing SDKs such as Qiskit, Braket, Cirq or Q#.
- Exposure to quantum computing cloud platforms such as IBM Quantum, AWS Braket, Google Quantum AI.
- Exposure or experience with multiple quantum programming paradigms, such as circuit-based and quantum annealing.
- Knowledge of quantum machine learning libraries such as PennyLane.
Duration: 4+ years
Location: San Jose, CA (hybrid work schedule)
Type: Contract or Full-Time