At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
We're constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Lead Engineer, Solutions Engineering - Remote, you will use your engineering and consulting skills to deliver projects, manage proposals and oversee engineering/consulting processes. This position will travel up to 25% of the time, and when not traveling, can be located remotely. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide value propositions by identifying opportunities through rigorous data collection and analysis and craft marketable solutions for clients
- Identify, propose and deliver key initiatives that improve the client's supply chain operations and/or drive efficiency into the team's internal processes
- Develop and deliver productivity and engineered solutions for the account
- Contribute to the creation of standard operating procedures
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or other technical and/or analytical field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of experience leading Engineering Teams
- 2 years of experience in one or more key functional areas: supply chain management, logistics, decision support systems/technology, transportation management, distribution or procurement functional responsibilities
- Solid research skills, including using various analyses, data mining and simulations in Microsoft BI, Access and Excel to identify and scope opportunities within the customer's supply chain
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience with ILOG, Supply Chain Guru or data modeling
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Experience collecting and analyzing data for modeling, network optimization and/or supply chain redesign purposes
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Access, including programming in VBA
- Solid project management skills
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.