Session Expiration Warning
You've been inactive for a while. For your security, we'll log you out automatically. Click "Stay Online" to continue your session.
Your session will expire in 120 seconds.
LEAD ENGINEER - PRINCIPAL COMPUTER SCIENTIST - PRINCIPAL ENGINEER - ELECTRONIC WARFARE - WARNER ROBINS, GEORGIA
Who We Are:
Electronic Warfare Systems Engineering Section of the Electronics Integration and Cyber Technology Department in the Defense and Intelligence Division of Southwest Research Institute.
Objectives of this Role:
- Demonstrate program management capabilities, team leadership skills, and ability to interface with customers to understand program requirements and customer needs.
- Support multi-disciplinary software, hardware and firmware development teams involved in designing, implementing, testing, and documenting embedded software/hardware applications focusing primarily in embedded electronic warfare (EW) systems.
- Perform as a member of a high-performing multi-site team frequently interfacing with clients, inter-organizational and outside customer interactions
- Perform integration activities for a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations
- Perform hardware/firmware/software design, development, integration, and testing for applications in specialized radio frequency (RF) and EW programs
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Analyze and evaluate requirements, design, and implementation of software, utilizing system documentation, standards and code.
- Perform development of embedded architectures, single board computers, hardware and software in the loop implementation and testing, and aircraft mission systems.
- Effectively plan, design, develop, execute tests according to standards.
- Analyze and record results.
- Perform research and development of embedded systems in signal processing, telecommunications, machine learning, and RF/EW applications.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 8-12 years: US DoD/Air Force hardware and software systems engineering experience
- Electronic Warfare systems experience is helpful
- US DoD/Air Force hardware and software systems engineering experience
- Possess knowledge & experience of System, Integration and Acceptance testing activities at the Black Box level
- Understanding of White Box and Gray box testing to verify flow of input-output and to improve design, usability, and security
- Should have embedded software OFP experience
- Technical skill with programming languages to include but not limited to ATLAS, FORTRAN, Visual C#, Visual Basic, C++, Assembly
- Knowledgeable with software development architectures (event-driven, client-server, layered)
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Work assignment is in Warner Robins, Georgia. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: Warner Robins, Georgia
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace