LEAD DATA ANALYST - TECHNOLOGY
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Lead Data Analyst works within the Insights, Data Engineering & Analytics organization to meet the data pipeline strategies and objectives across the bank. The Lead Data Analyst will lead and manage end-to-end process, standards, and guidelines to ensure accurate and efficient data delivery of tasks and projects.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Participate in data analysis via data discovery, exploration, investigation, and impact assessments. Apply best practices and illustrate understanding via data flows of systems and processes.
* Leads data profiling and data preparation by identifying gaps and qualifying data.
* Validates data by verifying against requirements and success criteria.
* Leads in applying database and data warehouse design principles by identifying design activities based on requirements and success criteria
* Confirms understanding of requirements by modeling data with Entity Relationship diagrams and data flow diagrams
* Leads understanding by researching business processes and documenting inconsistent and incomplete data, value misinterpretations and misclassified data.
* Lead development/quality measurement, benchmarking and goal setting, performance measurement analysis
* Lead and manage development lifecycle tasks; participate in managing deliverables
* Provide input to project deliverables and resources, develop work estimates, and ensure successful delivery to support strategic planning and initiatives, improve organizational performance
* Identify the appropriate data sources and map the data from source to target
* Create and manage the catalog and metadata of data related objects
* Guide integration across data sources and targets
* Perform one or more of the following:
* Actively mentor other colleagues by contributing experience and insight to the team
* Manage large programs & projects of significant complexity and risk.
* Independently (with minimal oversight) develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships, including at the senior leadership level and with external partners, that include guidance, as appropriate, for optimizing use of analytic capabilities and deliverables, and prioritization based on strategic vision
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree
* 7+ years of specialized relevant experience in data analysis or analytics in the banking industry
* 3+ years of experience coordinating resources
Skills and Knowledge
* Expert in multiple data analysis and design programs and methodologies.
* Demonstrate professional standards surrounding data access, data security, data sensitivity, and data confidentiality.
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills
* Advanced interpersonal relations skills, ability to effectively collaborate with others and work as part of a team
* Able to navigate a large organization, including managing political sensitivities, in order to accomplish results
* Able to initiate and follow through on projects of varying complexity and duration
* Highly developed organizational and time management skills
* Highly developed analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
* Able to work with a high degree of independence, assume responsibility for job development and training, research and resolve questions and problems, request manager input and keep manager informed
* Complete projects of substantial depth and complexity
* Demonstrated ability to work with all levels in the organization
* Demonstrated attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
* Strong demonstrated learning aptitude and orientation
* Able to teach, mentor and consult with others
* Demonstrated fluency with SQL
* Excellent skills and experience in 5 or more data/analytics competencies in domains including subject matter expertise, analytic methods and tools, business intelligence, data management, data architecture, analysis and critical thinking skills, data governance, analytics education/learning, ontology, and metadata.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
In order to be hired and work at City National Bank, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Source : City National Bank