Our restaurant is looking to hire a Lead Cooks and Line Cooks who will be responsible for preparing awesome dishes for our guests. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
To be successful in this job, you will need thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Culinary school education is preferred, and prior experience in a related position is an advantage.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare awesome meals for our customers.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Help lead and inspire our kitchen staff with the restaurant manager.
- Wow our guests with amazing dishes.
Hidden among tall pines of Pinehurst is a storied authentic American tavern-Drum & Quill. The "Drum" represents famous golf writer Bob Drum, and the "Quill" represents the pen that he used to immortalize Arnold Palmer as they founded Golf’s Pro Grand Slam.
Drum & Quill is a legendary historic "Tavern," "Pub," or "Public House" located in a historic building in the heart of Old Town Pinehurst. Historically they were establishments that provided travelers the comforts of food, drink, and local music and maybe fed your horse too. We offered locals and visitors alike an authentic pub experience and were voted "Most Authentic Pub" 2 years in a row by the local paper and this year by Sandhills Magazine.