Design Leader - Landscape Architecture
For more than 75 years, NBBJ has been guided by a vision to “Design for Life”. Recognized recently as the planet’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions — Amazon, Google, Samsung, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Cleveland Clinic, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others — to set new standards for performance, the creative work place, 21st century living, wellness, and technology that have led to creation of highly innovative environments.
NBBJ’s Columbus Landscape Architecture, Planning and Urban Design (Urban Environments) Studio, is seeking a talented Design Leader - Landscape Architecture.
We seek to grow our practice with leaders that embody the “doer-seller” model. Our studio wins its own landscape architecture and urban design work and also engages with studios across the firm on projects ranging from corporate headquarters to, large mixed-use, campus, sports and entertainment and healthcare projects. The person selected for this position will help win and lead these types of projects in a collaborative environment and leveraging the team’s passion for the delivery of well-crafted, high-performing, and meaningful environments.
Your New Role will require you to:
- Lead and participate in a high energy, collaborative team environment
- Work as a liaison between multi-disciplinary design teams and with clients to identify project goals and objectives and articulate design opportunities
- Help lead and support the internal and external studio marketing and business development activities for the health and growth of the practice
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients through a deep understanding of their enterprises
- Fully engage in projects from conceptual design through realization
- Provide practice leadership providing mentorship and professional guidance to junior staff
- Provide strategy and vision for proposals and interviews with prospective clients
- Contribute significantly to enhance the design spirit of the studio
To succeed you will need to:
- Have 10 or more years of professional experience, including in the mid-west region
- Be a registered Landscape Architect
- Possess a strong sustainability ethic
- Ability to be decisive and think strategically with minimal direction
- Proven ability to motivate and develop teams--internally and externally--to work on and execute stand-alone and integrated landscape architecture related projects
- Proven success in developing and winning new projects
- Possess a deep understanding of natural and man-made systems related to urban design, site planning and landscape design
- Have developed excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skill and the ability to build effective client relationships
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams of designers in architecture, interior design, engineering, lighting, environmental graphic design
- Excellent time management skills exhibit the proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects, multiple deadlines and multiple scales
- Have the desire and ability to travel, domestically and internationally
Please include a PDF, at no more than 4 MB, with examples of your most relevant work. If portfolio is larger than 4 MB please include a link allowing us to easily to view and download your work.