Veracity Consulting, Inc. is an Information Technology Solutions Provider. We offer our clients value-added expertise in the development and use of information technology to expand and improve their organization’s business processes. Currently, we are searching for a Systems Admin to join our team onsite in Chicago.
Our team is instinctively curious. It's just how we're wired. That means empowering our people to see the big picture—to cut through the noise so we’re not just treating the symptoms but finding the cure. Founded in 2006, Veracity is a team of problem-solvers and truth-tellers who deliver customized IT solutions for our customers. We bridge the gap between business and technology while always staying transparent and authentic—simply doing the right thing.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 2-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
To be considered an applicant for a position, you must: (1) complete the application in full; (2) apply for a specific, available position; and (3) meet all stated minimum qualifications. Applications that are incomplete or are submitted for "any" position will not be considered. Applicants are good for 90 days. If you are not selected within 90 days of submission, and remain interested in a position, you must submit a new application.
Veracity Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran and any other characteristics protected by law.
It is Veracity Consulting’s policy that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities with regards to any aspect of their employment. Veracity Consulting is committed to complying with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 and its related Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Veracity Consulting recognizes that some individuals with disabilities may require accommodations at work.
In addition to federal law requirements, Veracity Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
No 3rd parties, please.