Massey Cancer Center
“To improve the lives of all Virginians by delivering cutting-edge cancer care through patient-centered prevention and treatment; high-impact, innovative research; community input and engagement; and education and training of the next generation of researchers and healthcare professionals.”
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Massey Cancer Center is a nationally ranked cancer center located in the heart of Downtown Richmond. All full-time staff are eligible for our generous benefits package that includes choices for health, vision, and dental coverage, life-insurance, short and long-term disability coverage, retirement planning, tax-deferred annuity and cash match programs, flexible spending accounts, tuition benefits, significant paid-time off,12 paid holidays, and more. Explore our benefits further here: https://hr.vcu.edu/current-employees/benefits/university-and academic-professional-benefits/
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The candidate will procure, process and ship out biological specimens for clinical trials (investigator-initiated, cooperative and industry sponsored) at Massey. The candidate will report to the Assistant Director/Lab manager. The candidate will support the lab and CTO by ensuring correlative research sample integrity is held to the highest standards. Experience on processing biological specimens including plasma/serum collection, isolation of peripheral mononuclear cells is expected.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Massey Cancer Center supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
- The candidate must have experience with handling biohazard specimens, biohazard waste disposal and handling valuable research supplies.
- The candidate is expected to have strong communication skills, a team player mindset and be detail oriented.
- The candidate should be able to pick-up samples from Stony Point. The candidate is expected to come in to
process samples outside of office hours.
- Experience in a lab:
- Ability to be detail oriented and follow instructions for sample handling.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Independently manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments
- Maintain assigned work schedule
- Notify supervisor in a timely manner regarding absences or late arrival
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Experience working in a medical science research laboratory with a minimum of B.S in a biological field, highly preferred.
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employment Type: UF - University Employee FT
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Contact Name: Maciej Kmieciak
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 804-628-5337