Lab Animal Research Technician for Technical Services
Mispro Biotech Services is seeking a Lab Animal Research Technician for our Technical Services division for its South San Francisco location. The candidate will be responsible for and perform technical tasks for in vivo research studies or support services.
Major Accountabilities & Essential Functions:
- Prepares, collects, and records research data and specimens in compliance with applicable regulations and SOPs.
- Responsible for monitoring research animals housed in animal facilities; maintains clinical records.
- Performs assigned technical duties and services in support of the Operations department.
- Maintains inventory of pharmaceutical, surgical, and animal-related supplies.
- Assists with ensuring departmental and regulatory compliance; Handle small to medium sized animals.
- Independently perform preclinical in vivo research activities & studies small to medium sized animals, which may require surgery, necropsy, test article administration, and blood and tissue collection for analysis.
- Verify proper formulation of solutions for dosing.
- Perform data collection, entry and analysis; computer and mathematical applications.
- Labeling and organizing supplies needed for each study and ensuring they are available when needed at our outside in vivo facility.
- Understand and ensure compliance with IACUC protocols.
- Manage, organize, and maintain inventory of samples from studies, shipping manifests, chemicals, and storage areas
- In a matrix environment, collaborate with team members and coordinate assigned activities with other teams to ensure timely completion.
- Perform routine and moderately complex animal husbandry tasks and monitor daily health and welfare.
- Review study reports, provide feedback on accuracy of materials and report results to senior research staff.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and move heavy objects and be able to work from a standing position for prolonged time periods and perform repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and holiday work when necessary and required.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
Qualifying Candidate Profile
- Experienced knowledge in lab animal research facility/vivarium, technical work, and lab animal equipment and supplies.
- Have a strong interpersonal (transparency, professionalism, integrity, trust), and communication skills (written, verbal).
- Have a strong commitment to providing qualify research service support and dedicated to providing humane animal care in accordance with all guidelines and regulations pertaining to Laboratory Animal Care.
- Must be reliable, able to work well independently, and willing to participate in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, while demonstrating a focus on individual accountability for attention to detail in delivering quality and consistent results in the execution of all daily husbandry duties.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner with coworkers, research staff, managers, and leadership.
- Must be available to support weekend, holiday, emergency, and after-hour operational responsibilities.
- Required 3 + years industry working in a an animal vivarium.
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 or 4 year degree in basic science, animal science or veterinary science is required.
- AALAS - ALAT (or international equivalent) is required.
- AALAS - LAT (or international equivalent) certification is preferred.
- Generous employer-paid portion for medial & dental for employee and dependent coverage
- Employer matching 401K plan through Morgan Stanley
- Generous time off: vacation, holidays, personal days, and floating holidays
- Sick time
- Other benefits offered include vision, group and voluntary life/AD&D, Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital indemnity plans; LegalShield Law, and Identify Theft Protection; Commuter benefits through Chard Snyder FSA - Medical and Dependent care coverage
- Tuition and reimbursement
- Annual incentive/bonus program
For more information on Mispro Biotech Services, please visit our website at https://misprobiotech.com/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $38.00 per hour and DOE