NJVC is currently looking for a Junior Software Developer to join our growing team.Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Lead and facilitate teams toward their delivery objectives and help build high-performing, self-managing teams.
- Provide visibility into progress and impediments.
- Support flexible software and development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (both new and legacy systems).
- Interact continuously with customers and development team members to gather and refine requirements and ensure effective communication and implementation.
- Analyze and study customer requirements to determine the most effective software and other technologies to satisfy their needs.
- Design, create, test, and maintain software, applications, and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Build quality into the product using test-early, build-small, automated testing, and balanced scope, to stay on schedule.
- Follow a formal design process using formal user input, diagrams, and other accepted design techniques.
- Adhere to standards, laws, and established guidelines for the development and delivery of software, applications, and content solutions (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault-tolerant).
- Coordinate creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent design.
- Design and develop visually pleasing, content-rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation.
- Develop and maintain software, application, and content solution documentation to assist with software and application maintenance, enhancement, training, and releases.
- Provide software process management and configuration management throughout the software development life cycle.
- SW development in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Use the following tools: GitLab, Service +, Git Repositories, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and 1.5+ years experience in a related field
- Experience with the following:
- SW development experience with building unclassified, integrating, testing, and deploying classified environments on multiple security domains
- SW development experience with integration and deployment of multiple baselines to support internal and Test Organization (IV&V) testing, resolving DRs (Pri 1 and 2), and incorporating fixes in a quick and timely manner
- Background check required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) (Certification Plus)
- Ability to work in a DevSecOps environment
- Knowledge of CI/CD experience
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end-users on frequently asked technical issues
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
#NJVC, LLCTeleworking Permitted?:false
Source : Chenega Corporation