We’re Endless West, makers of molecular spirits. Our small, independent team of scientists, sommeliers, writers, chefs, and dropouts is creating the next generation of wine and spirits. Our work has already attracted significant interest from a range of people — whiskey enthusiasts, scientists, members of the culinary world, creatives in design, technology, and fashion — across the country. And we’re just getting going.
We’re relentlessly curious, optimistic enough to run after ambitious ideas, and skeptical enough to analyze every angle and consider every option. We support each other as colleagues and care about each other as people, believing that the health of our business can be measured by the health of our team. We are obsessed with leveraging scientific learning, creative storytelling and business expertise to explore the limits of what’s possible.
Everyone is welcome at Endless West. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable, and a passion for our mission goes a long way.
About the Role
As Endless West continues to grow, we’re expanding our team to add another Jr. Accountant! This role is an in-person hybrid position based out of our San Francisco HQ in the Dogpatch and will report directly to our Accounting Manager. You will work in close collaboration with our existing Jr. Accountant and Staff Accountant to handle the day-to-day transactional activity of our business, and to help cover each other’s responsibilities during vacations, absences, etc. You’ll work to establish cross-functional relationships with other teams at Endless West and help us build a strong foundation of systems and processes for our team to leverage as the company continues to grow and expand.
This is a rare opportunity to get a wide range of real, hands-on experience with a fast-growing start-up in the CPG industry - and a great way to continue your career in accounting and finance!
- You’re personable, enthusiastic, outgoing – you don’t fit the mold of the “stereotypical accountant”.
- You can integrate and work well with a variety of personalities and you don’t mind a casual office environment.
- You’re confident with great speaking skills, and you can communicate effectively with both finance and non-finance peers.
- You’re detail-oriented, process-oriented, and responsible – not only do you learn quickly, but you can work effectively without close supervision.
- You’re flexible and you can adapt quickly to new tasks, situations, and people.
- You want to learn new things, and you’re always trying to improve what you do – you proactively find and suggest ways to improve our processes and the way we work with others.
- You understand the importance of your role – you deliver on deadlines, and you’re available for occasional overtime (sometimes it’s needed).
- You have above-average computer skills and have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. You might even have experience with an accounting system like Quickbooks or NetSuite – that would be a big asset, but it’s not expected or required.
- You’ve achieved your CPA designation or you’re planning to work toward it.
- Process vendor invoices (receive, post, set up payment via cheque/wire/ACH)
- Respond to customer and vendor queries, and reconcile their statements
- Process expense reports (review/question, post, set up payment)
- Work with vendors to secure credit terms and monitor credit usage
- Assist with cash forecasting and other reporting
- Assist with parts of the month/year-end process
- Help to prepare monthly tax functions (federal excise and state-level reporting)
- Perform administrative tasks including filing, organizing, ordering supplies, etc.
- Perform other ad hoc tasks – as requested
Why Endless West?
We’ve got the standard benefits…
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Commuter benefits/401K/FSA/DCFSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Ambassador’s Program ($250/quarter to purchase Endless West products)
- Competitive compensation, including equity
We’ve got the unique culture that you’ve been looking for...
- A small, collaborative team. We don’t believe in hierarchy for hierarchy’s sake.
- Smart, friendly colleagues.
- Actual autonomy and agency. We choose empowerment over micromanagement.
- A team that values EQ as much as IQ.
- A team that values hard work but believes in the importance of self-care and taking meaningful breaks.
- An environment that encourages empathetic debate. We state cases, defend positions, argue productively, and make decisions together. We don’t have any issues with being wrong. People’s opinions are actively sought out and valued.
- An environment where we not only acknowledge the hard work and successes of our teammates, but also celebrate them.