Teledyne Microwave Solutions has over 50 years of experience in the design, development, and manufacture of sophisticated microwave/RF components and integrated assemblies for the most demanding challenges. Our products and capabilities are sought after by civilian and military organizations spanning numerous global markets, including Aviation, Communication, Electronic Warfare (EW/ECM/CIED), Industrial, Missile/UAV, Radar, Satcom, Space, and Test and Measurement. Teledyne Microwave Solutions invests heavily in research and development to maintain the ability to offer the worldâ€™s most advanced MW/RF capabilities for current and emerging challenges.Position Summary and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a hands-on Manufacturing Engineer to join our team! The Manufacturing Engineer will ensure successful accomplishment of product manufacturing processes, assembly, test and doucmentation in support of quality, cost and schedule objectives. The Manufacturing Engineer will participate as a member of an integrated product team for existing products and new product introduction. Primary responsibilities include:
- Support production team to resolve technical issues
- Generate manufacturing / test documentation for first time builds, technical investigation into hardware failure or out-of-spec conditions
- Assist and resolve manufacturing issues impaction production run
- Address manufacturing challenges by troubleshooting issues and providing solutions in a timely manner
- Participate in determining and providing an optimum plan of operation, equipment, space requirements, and related facilities for assigned areas.
- Provide manufacturing personnel with training and technical guidance
- Develop and implement lean initiatives to improve operational efficiency
- Develop metrics to drive continuous improvement of the manufacturing process
- Able to communicate complex technical issues, both in writing and orally, to multiple levels of management as well as to production operators.
- Develop/Review/Revise work instructions and procedures in support of manufacturing processes
- Support internal, 3rd party and vendor audits
- Resolve manufacturing constraints to ensure accurate and consistent assembly and test performance
- Assist in the resolution of supply chain issues impacting manufacturing as well as supplier feedback, selection and technical assistance
- Provide status information and feedback to internal customers and managers.
- Represent manufacturing at design reviews, and Material Review Board (MRB) meetings
- Support the development of new methods, processes, and equipment and apply them to the manufacturing operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BSEE or equivalent with 0-2 yearsâ€™ experience as a Manufacturing or Process Engineer in electronics manufacturing, including assembly and test or related filed.
- Knowledge of electronics assembly and test processes
- Must be able to handle RF/Microwave tuning under microscope, ability to tune and align RF circuitry
- Communicate clearly with excellent speaking, writing, and presentation skills. Ability to organize and meet project goals and deadlines
- Good â€œpeople skillsâ€ especially as they relate to customer technical meetings.
- The ability to perform all Environmental lab tests is a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of management and team members.
- Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office products in producing data-driven reports
- US Citizen and able to attain Security Clearance