Sr. Full Stack Developer
Who You Are and What You'll Do:
You are a Senior Full Stack Developer with 5+ years' experience in the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, peer review, and operations.
You are a critical thinker with experience creating microservice cloud applications with a team of dedicated professionals building our market-leading Loyalty platform.
Your Day to Day:
- Participate in all phases of Agile methodology (planning, grooming, coding sprint items)
- Gain knowledge and control of our loyalty platform integration points (live API's, Batch, Queue based processing).
- Participate in design sessions; work with product owners and team members to solve acceptance criteria
- Build and maintain all configuration and business logic rule documentation
- Assist other team members through coaching and mentoring
- Promote and demonstrate good coding practice and patterns for the team
- Set accurate time estimates and scope of work for tasks and/or projects assigned to you
- Fill information gaps as needed to accomplish gaps
- Develop simple solutions to complex problems
- Suggest innovative new ways to improve processes and/or components of work
- Effectively work with other groups and third parties
Knowledge, Skills and Experience to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing applications and components using Java and Spring (Prefer JDK 9+ with Spring Boot and Batch)
- 5+ years of experience in front-end web application development
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing applications using Angular (Prefer version 7+)
- 3+ years of experience developing RESTful services using JSON
- Experience developing microservice cloud applications (Oracle, AWS, or Azure)
- 3+ years of experience developing SQL multi-table queries, inserts, and updates (Prefer Oracle / PostgreSQL)
- Experience tuning SQL statements with execution explain plans
- Familiarity with Agile (e.g., Scrum Process)
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience to Help You Stand Out as a Candidate:
- Experience developing Loyalty, Accounting, or Banking applications
- Message Queues (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka Streams)
- Building Docker containers and configuring Kubernetes clusters (kubectl, Docker for Desktop)
- Build Management tools (Bitbucket/Git, Gradle, Bamboo)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
We are diverse and proud of it. We don't just accept differences – we embrace, share, and celebrate them!
Employment at Kobie is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications, directly related to professional competence. We do not discriminate against any teammate or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis under the law.
We are fiercely committed to fostering a workplace where teammates draw upon their own diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives so that they feel welcomed to bring their authentic self to work every day. While our leadership team fully and completely supports our policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, all teammates share the responsibility to ensure we incorporate the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout Kobie.