Java Developer (Maintenance Systems) (Job Number: 2119546 )
Most people know us for our big yellow trucks. But we’re so much more than that. At Penske we have a 50-plus year history of leading the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering world-class and award-winning technology solutions and the key to our success is our people.
We are experiencing rapid business growth and have added headcounts to IT teams across the organization to keep up with this expansion. Going into Winter 2021/2022, we are hiring immediately for full-time, long-term roles. At Penske you will ensure our technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving forward.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Java Developer (Associate Software Engineer III), you will be part of a team that develops our next generation of applications while enhancing and supporting our existing applications. You will be involved in reviewing, interpreting & developing systems in accordance with user requirements & troubleshooting issues as they occur. Working with the business and other software engineers/leads, you will develop an understanding of the requirements and translate them into technical design to develop and implement the solution. You will also collaborate with engineers and architects to ensure optimization, offering your input into the requirements and potential alternative courses of action.
This position can sit out of our Corporate Center in Reading, PA or our IT Center in Tampa, FL. We are open to relocating qualified candidates to the Tampa area.
About the Team:
Specifically, this role will affect our Maintenance Systems group. On this team you will have a direct impact on the critical applications that allow us to deliver our fleet maintenance services to our clients. You will work cross functionally with business units and other technology teams to ensure an efficiently functioning architectural environment. This technology is used by our field Associates globally.
- Act as the primary contact and lead support associate for multiple application modules/ processes, resolving customer issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development lifecycle through supporting existing software development efforts and developing new software modules.
- Develop, maintain, test, analyze performance, troubleshoot / fix applications and applicable code.
- Delegate tasks and participate in reviewing code from junior onshore & offshore developers.
- Produce deliverables with clean, well-documented and easily maintainable code that adheres to defined coding standards and best practices
- Participate in designing backend database schemas, using concepts such as Database Normalization and write complex SQL statements.
- Interact with business analysts/product owners to understand requirements, translate it to technical design & develop the related components/modules.
- Write unit / UI tests to help identify defects.
- Implement software for applications and related technology, with minimum oversight
- Analyze project specifications, software requirements specifications, and software prototypes and build test plans and test cases based on the analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience
- 2-4 years of experience in appropriate programming languages (Java)
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of project management concepts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of appropriate design frameworks and patterns.
- Experience in relational database design and writing complex SQL
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with Agile Methodology Preferred
- A team player mindset with an ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700 5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700
Tampa, FL 33609
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Tampa
Job : Information Technology
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Software Engineer I
Req ID: 2119546