This role is predominately remote work from home but occasionally may require onsite visits to client locations in Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas, or surrounding areas.
Parried is a fast-growing managed IT services provider. Technology is the backbone of an organization, and companies rely on us to monitor, manage, and maintain their systems and network. As an outsourced IT department to businesses, our primary service offering is IT help desk services and support. Here's where you'll come in. The company is growing, and we need to fill new positions with creative, talented, and friendly people to join our fantastic team.
We're currently hiring for Level 1 and Level 2 positions for our Help Desk. We can discuss which role fits you best based on your education, certifications, and experience. If you have a preference on which you prefer, please let us know.
As a Help Desk team member, you will provide remote technical assistance to end-users to troubleshoot and resolve computer hardware, software, network, server, and cloud-related issues. You will work support tickets from creation to completion, providing remote support and troubleshooting to end-users from various companies and environments, monitoring, managing, and maintaining IT systems, resolving technical issues, documenting your troubleshooting process, and collaborating with the team.
IT Support Technician Responsibilities
- Provide telephone, remote, and occasional onsite support to users.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, networking, cloud, and server issues.
- Assist with managing our ticket and remote monitoring and management systems.
- Tracking and documenting all work from problem to resolution.
- Establishing good relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Managing and creating technical documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Windows and Mac-related hardware and software.
- Cloud technologies (i.e., Microsoft 365, VMware, AWS).
- Networking and network protocols (i.e., Cisco, SonicWall, Unifi).
- Windows servers and virtualization.
- VoIP phone systems.
- Peripheral devices, including printers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft, and other IT industry certifications are a plus!
- Minimum of 2 years of professional IT experience.
- Have a degree in IT (or a minimum of 4 years of professional IT experience if no degree).
- Reliable and fast internet.
- Must live in Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas, or surrounding areas.
- Clean, quiet, and distraction-free workspace at home.
- Have or be pursuing IT certifications (with the skills to back them up).
- Customer service-oriented and have a positive attitude.
- Optimistic and sees challenges as learning opportunities.
- Helpful, knowledgeable, and resourceful.
- Effective communicator and active listener.
- Remote work (with minimal onsite).
- Competitive salary.
- Paid time off.
- Predictable schedule.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Great culture.
- Flexible and customizable 401(k) with company matching.
- Paid holidays.
The Company’s primary goal when recruiting new employees is to fill vacancies with persons who have the best available skills, abilities, or experience needed to perform the work. Decisions regarding the recruitment, selection, and placement of employees are made on the basis of job-related criteria.