Donatos is just as dedicated to our Associates as we are to our guests. After all, delivering the best food and service starts with attracting (and keeping) the very best team members.
Whether you’re looking for your first job or want to advance your career, you’ll love being part of a work environment that’s not just rewarding and fun, but supportive too. We’re committed to hiring associates who we feel will be a great fit with the Donatos family – and then empowering them to become leaders who bring out the full potential of everyone around them.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing comprehensive technical support for store and home office operations, troubleshooting end user problems, and following established policies/procedures and escalation processes.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Respond to telephone calls, email, web based, and personnel requests for technical support.
- Track and monitor issues to insure a timely resolution.
- Escalate tickets in the current call-tracking database (when problem lies outside of Level 1 responsibility)
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Identify and resolve:
- Basic terminal and printer setup issues and problems.
- Data communication problems.
- Internet connectivity problems.
- E-mail problems.
- Basic POS related issues such as associate file maintenance, re-direction of printers, terminal/register assignments, etc.
- Basic office tool usage and problems.
- Security and access setup issues.
- Respond to and log in the current call-tracking database and request for services both during office hours and after hours when scheduled.
- Troubleshoot telephone issues, both in-house and at the restaurant level, using appropriate documentation.
- Perform the polling duties so warehouse is 100% loaded, when scheduled.
- Re-send and update any unfinished update jobs sent to any restaurants.
- Recognize and report any unfinished update jobs sent to any restaurants.
- Monitor software.
- Modify network user accounts and group memberships.
- Change user passwords as required.
- Support store POS conversions and rollouts and participate in testing efforts.
- Street Files / Inventory Updates / Menu Management.
- Prepare and maintain system support documentation both procedural and trouble shooting.
- Participate in and conduct technical training programs and desktop applications as needed.
- Maintain up to date technical skills appropriate for focused areas (Level2) development.
Our Mission: To Promote Goodwill through Product, Service, Principle and People.
Our Values: I LOVE FOOD
Work Arrangement Options
Donatos has identified this position is eligible for the following work arrangement:
- Full-Time Onsite: The Associate in the position will work all regularly scheduled days onsite.
IT Support Specialists must have a flexible schedule that includes the ability to work variety of opening or mid shifts, along with working weekends and holidays.
- Associate-level degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Appropriate professional certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Certified or formal training in key technologies as Level 2 expert.
- Basic knowledge of physical network connectivity.
- Basic knowledge of Linux and other operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of Incident management process and tools logging problem/resolution activities.
- Knowledge of database concepts.
- Basic knowledge of monitoring tools; What’sUp Gold.
- Hands on experience with Point of Sale systems (hardware & software).
- Web technologies.
- Must have excellent problem-solving abilities, oral and written communication skills, as well as organizational and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a Help Desk environment is required (including ticketing systems).
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs occasionally (servers).
Donatos is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer:
We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.