At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we’ve grown into a global community—with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60 retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we’re working better, smarter and faster than ever—and setting our sights even higher. We’re building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other’s passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.Job Description
Our company infrastructure is growing—and we need a self-starting Service Desk Technician to help us keep pace! If you are a technology enthusiast with solid experience supporting large Windows/Mac environments and applications in a fast-paced but casual corporate setting, we want to hear from you. You will have experience handling level 2 issues over the phone, assigning tasks and providing outstanding customer service to multiple internal departments. You need to be highly flexible, possess a willingness to learn and can adjust to changing business needs.
A day in the office looks like this:
- Answering incoming IT support calls via phone and IT Service Desk ticketing system
- Providing timely support to end users of PCs, Macs, iPhone® and Android® devices, and multiple business applications
- Assigning tasks and work requests; performing follow-ups as needed to ensure resolution
- Providing outstanding customer service under stress and time pressures
- Establishing and maintaining an excellent working relationship with end users
- Investigating and solving desktop and other systems-related issues
- Presenting information clearly and logically with the ability to explain technical issues in plain, non-technical language
- Recognizing high-priority issues and responding accordingly
- Assisting fellow team members and performing other duties as needed
- Carrying out VIP support to members of the Executive Team
- Identifying, evaluating and recommending modifications
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Solid grasp of troubleshooting Windows, Mac, iPhone and Android technologies
- Self-motivated with good time management and organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills, superior telephone etiquette, and an ability to deal effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Ability to perform at a high level without close supervision
- Availability for on-call rotation and/or occasional Saturdays (standard work week is Monday–Friday)
And here’s our end of the bargain!
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience, plus a bonus plan
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
- On-site preschool for our employees’ children
- On-site employee gym for all levels/fitness needs
- Generous employee discount on products that make you smarter
- Casual dress…and we really mean it
At Lakeshore, we know our diversity makes us stronger, and when everyone feels included and valued, we all win. We strive to embrace our differences and create an intentionally diverse and inclusive community that is representative of the teachers, families and children we serve.
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.