This position supports the Mergers & Acquisitions Integration Management Office (IMO) team at First Citizens Bank. The role is responsible for the advanced execution and administration of M&A projects to enhance the Bank's operational, product, process, and technological capabilities. Manages all aspects of assigned project life cycle including planning, scope definition, design, and delivery. Leads both technical and non-technical aspects with a understanding of project management approaches. Tracks and reports progress against milestones, budgetary guidelines, or other performance indicators. Coordinates activities of business and IT teams with other lines of business to achieve project goals. May occasionally guide less experienced project managers in the work group.Responsibilities:
- Project Planning - Responsible for the development, execution, and management of projects. Maximizes available resources while minimizing risk. Ensures high quality results by employing best practices, engaging appropriate expertise, and making administrative decisions.
- Project Management- Coordinates a team of associates throughout project life cycle. Conveys clear expectations of project goals. Resolves issues, directs work activities, and keeps team on track with project schedule. Demonstrates a strong knowledge of project management approach, applications, and technical processes related to project goals.
- Collaboration - Works in conjunction with individuals, business units, and outside parties. Assists in negotiations with external consultants or technology vendors. Facilitates communication across functions to enhance process flow.
- Reporting - Implements methods of tracking progress and performance. Conveys results of tracking to appropriate parties through reports or other documentation. May review tasks status, applications, or technical processes to determine metrics.
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience in Project Management and Technology OR High School Diploma or GED and 8 years of experience in Project Management and Technology
- Preferred Area of Experience: Financial Industry/Banking, Data Conversion, Process and Technology Integration, Software Development, previous Mergers and Acquisitions experience a plus
- License or Certification Type: Project Management Professional certification (or equivalent) Preferred, Agile certification Preferred
- Experience with Clarity, M&A Accelerator, or other Project Management tools
- Microsoft Project background
- Jira and Confluence experience
- Application Lifecycle Management knowledge preferred
- Ability to communicate and work closely with senior leadership