Work at OMRON!
OMRON is a global leader in the field of automation, an $8 billion global technology company celebrating more than 80 years of success. OMRON’s business fields cover a broad spectrum, ranging from industrial automation and electronic components to social systems and healthcare. OMRON Management Center of America, Inc. is the regional headquarters for OMRON in the Americas.
IT Project Manager
Omron Management Center of Americas is looking for an IT Project Manager to oversee projects and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. The IT Project Manager will plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way. This position will support a hybrid working schedule.
Our Commitment to Employees:
* Training and Career Development Program to give employees a learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to help build their career at Omron.
* Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation, immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
* Community Awareness that includes activities with local non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
* Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
* Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional Learning Sessions, On Site Flu shots and Health Screenings.
* Omron is a global enterprise with multiple operating entities sharing common IT platforms. As such, this IT Project Manager must be able to identify dependencies, see the big picture, build connections, and communicate clearly inputs to and decisions made to ensure adoption of these decisions as they are rolled out.
* Project manage, track, and report on planned activities for the implementation of our business systems with consideration of schedule, risk management, escalation of issues, and problem resolution.
* Determine and define project scope and objectives in consultation with other project leaders
* Work with resource managers to identify resources needed to reach the project objectives as well as manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
* Responsible for developing project breakdown including cost, scope and deliverables.
* Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
* Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
* Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
* Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
* Identify dependencies across projects, identify resources needed to increase throughput and update the PMO with relevant information.
* This individual will work on roadmap schedule, ensure project reporting is effective across IT business solutions team and represents appropriate impact and relationship to other IT departments.
* Provides input into strategy and transformation planning team to forecast roadblocks and provide suggestions to overcome.
* Drive project completion, support communication, change management, and quality assurance.
* Effectively break down complex technical details for any audience (executives, operations, sales, product engineering, marketing, marketing communications, finance, etc.) to understand business implications, utilizing excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or technical field
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience leading different types of IT and/or business projects: ERP, infrastructure, end user computing, system upgrades, etc.
* Experience applying (or ability to learn) basic foundational ITIL principles.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
* Proven ability to solve problems creatively
* Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
* Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
* Excellent analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
* Ability to partner with business stakeholders and technical team members to ensure effective communication and clarity on requirements and how they will be attended.
* Strong project management skills
* Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Omron we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Omron is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled