The IT Planning and PMO Project Manager will support the IT Planning team for IT initiatives across Chick-fil-A’s Distribution and Production businesses. The position will assist with the execution and management of IT projects within the defined scope, work with business and IT leadership to establish project goals, objectives and deliverables and help drive IT organizational optimization as the IT organization grows and scales to support these rapidly growing businesses.
As part of the Chick-fil-A Supply/Bay Center IT leadership team, this individual will report directly to the Sr. IT Planning and Operations Project Lead. In addition to the above responsibilities, this individual will have responsibility for the following functional areas:
About Chick-fil-A Supply
Chick-fil-A Supply®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chick-fil-A, Inc., is an innovative distribution service provider focused on understanding and meeting the unique needs of Chick-fil-A restaurants. Chick-fil-A Supply® ensures restaurants have the food and products they need through a seamless delivery experience that extends Chick-fil-A's culture of care. For more information, visit cfa-supply.com
- Works with department leadership and stakeholders to document or develop project scope, goals, and deliverables, including project dependencies, project plans, communications plan, project scope, project timeline, and milestones.
- Use project management tools and methodologies to track project deliverables and schedule adherence
- Monitor IT project tasks and tracks project milestones and deliverables.Manages, tracks, and resolves cross-project dependencies, risks, issues/conflicts, and change requests to ensure that all project milestones and deliverables are met.
- Coordinate IT project activities with business owners/stakeholders and other support, technical infrastructure, and application teams.
- Collaborate with IT staff and project stakeholders to effectively communicate project expectations and status in a timely and concise manner.
- Develops and delivers weekly progress reports.
- Develops and delivers presentations to key stakeholders as needed.
- May participate in the strategic planning activities for the assigned area.
- Holds and/or attends regular project status meetings, vendor presentations, and teleconferences associated with assigned projects.
- Administers the project approach, structure, and charter through the establishment of project requirements and planning.
- Perform other tasks and duties as required and assigned
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing enterprise-level IT initiatives
- General understanding of software development life cycle, application design and integration
- Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to plan, monitor, manage and/or support different aspects of technology projects
- Strong organization skills to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and work independently in a demanding, dynamic environment
- Able to anticipate needs, lead multiple projects, collaborate in a team environment, and manage shifting priorities.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information, decisions, and approaches to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be self-motivated and multi-task oriented with an aptitude for rapidly assimilating new concepts, practices, methods and skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and adapt to change
- Proficiency with MS office products, specifically Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of project management practices, tools and techniques, including plan development, scope and change control management, work breakdown structure, budget control, risk management, change management, communication management, status reporting, vendor resource management, impact analysis, stakeholder management, and issue control/management
- 3-5 years project management or project coordination
- Proficiency with Smartsheet, Microsoft Teams, and Sharepoint
- Supply Chain or purchasing education, experience, or certifications
- Project management education or certification