Position: IT Help Desk Engineer
Department: MIT Help Desk
Reports To: IT Service Delivery Manager
Salary grade: DOE
FLSA Status: Full Time / Exempt
The IT Help Desk Engineer will assist in the day-to-day tasks and operations of the Managed IT Services Department. This individual will be involved with basic service ticket response, remote support, and project work for clients.
- Service calls for current customer base – server, workstation, switch, router, end-user and other basic troubleshooting, while effectively communicating issues and alternative solutions. Takes initiative to achieve valued-added results and improve upon solutions offered.
- Assist with Project Work for New or Current Customers – install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software, router/switch networking, installing agents and antivirus, patch and update management.
- Customer Service – the ability to interface with end-users, listen to concerns/problems and see them through to resolution, while developing / fostering collaborative working relationships with the customer.
- Time Management – identify / implement solutions to broad, complex, and critical customer enhancement challenges in a fast paced environment; while using a high degree of insight, research, analytical skills, to develop new or enhanced methods and techniques to resolve problem through multiple project deployment daily.
Experience & Required Skills
- Provide a timely, polite, efficient service and a positive Company image.
- Able to prioritize in order to meet goals and deadlines
- Highly experienced working both alone and as a team member
- Experience implementing and supporting wide ranging technologies
Education & Certification
- Minimum: Associates or Technical Degree or equivalent experience (5+ years or more) Preferred
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ required to varying degrees
- CCNA (Cisco) Routing and Switching (recommended)
- Lifting and / or exerting of force up to 50 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds of
lifting /force frequently
- Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice to meet the needs of the organization.
- 5 year(s): IT Help Desk experience
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- CompTIA A+
- Cisco CCNA
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization